Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What postition do I need ?

Hi Guys

I'm new to the whole 4X4 thing so can anyone let me know what postition the 4X4 gear lever should be in for normal road usage?
    And should the button on the side be in, or out.

Thanks
    Dave Hob.

the lever should be in H4 but do not press the button on the side elsse you'll do big damage driving the truck in 4wd on the road
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

the lil' lever is the 4WD one. That should be right back with the button flush so there is NO 4WD light on the dash.

The main gear selector lever button is OverDrive. It will give you 4th gear so leave it on unless your towing heavy loads uphill or something...

Comment

Thanks guys very helpful.

By the way I keep seeing gen 1, gen 2, gen3 ect, how do I know what mine is?

Dave Hob

Comment

if yours has the drop down tailgate then you have a 2nd gen which is from 89 to 95 the 3rd gen is from 95 to 2000 i think it is the 1st gen has a removable top
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

what's the FAQ and the search for??
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
              what's the FAQ and the search for??
              gonna call u apache at this rate,or matt lolol

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                gonna call u apache at this rate,or matt lolol

in a seriously bad mood today!... hehehe!!

you can call me Matt anytime... just don't add an "F" on the end.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                  in a seriously bad mood today!... hehehe!!

you can call me Matt anytime... just don't add an "F" on the end.
                  i had noticed

Comment

Cheers mate looks like I've got a gen 2.
                    Attached Files

Comment

the facelift one with the flush headlamps and grille

Comment

Was gonna say if its falling apart and doesn't run properly, its a first gen. If its a 2.4 and isn't a 1st gen, its a 2nd gen. No 2.4 3rd gens - unless its being sold by someone called Muj I suppose...

As Slug says, use the FAQs, saves filling the forum with stuff some of us have seen a million times over.

Oh, and before you ask... the red button is so you can move the gear lever when the engine is off. ECT makes the gearbox hold gears for longer. Yes, 22mpg is reasonable for a 2.4. No, you cant fit 33s to a standard truck. No, its not worth fitting a K&N filter. The strap for folding therear seats is probably tucked down the back of the seats. Yes, the lights are crap, and there's not much you can do about it easily.

Apart from that, welcome
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

What about insurance and that chirping noise from the engine or the clanks from the rear end when going over rough ground and the graunching sound when on full steering lock and the........................... .

sheesh, why do we like these trucks again?????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Was gonna say if its falling apart and doesn't run properly, its a first gen. If its a 2.4 and isn't a 1st gen, its a 2nd gen. No 2.4 3rd gens - unless its being sold by someone called Muj I suppose...

As Slug says, use the FAQs, saves filling the forum with stuff some of us have seen a million times over.

Oh, and before you ask... the red button is so you can move the gear lever when the engine is off. ECT makes the gearbox hold gears for longer. Yes, 22mpg is reasonable for a 2.4. No, you cant fit 33s to a standard truck. No, its not worth fitting a K&N filter. The strap for folding therear seats is probably tucked down the back of the seats. Yes, the lights are crap, and there's not much you can do about it easily.

Apart from that, welcome
                            Well I think that about covers it then.
                            Thanks Dave Hob.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              What about insurance and that chirping noise from the engine or the clanks from the rear end when going over rough ground and the graunching sound when on full steering lock and the........................... .

sheesh, why do we like these trucks again?????????????

Good point!!

I moved my steering wheel today so it was 'straight' , Drove off an turned out it was miles out! reversed up an tried again... got it back to how it was...

Lost interest after that

Comment

Working...
                              X