yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much for some parts (pics of my damaged truck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much for some parts (pics of my damaged truck)

ok, so ive decided to see about fixing the surf. i love this truck and im gutted im not using it now because of this. its only done 80,000 miles and is / was mint

ok, so the damage for the bodywork is, front chrome bumper, grill piece may be?, wing, wheel arch extension.

other than this, something is up with the suspension to make the wheel point outwards compared to the other side. worst it could be is the A pieces, may be a track rod end or something but i will get my uncle to look at this as he is a mechanic.

you can clearly see i used to be a member of the shiney club

thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

If you want to go ahead an try an fix it ive got a chrome grille you can have cheap mate.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
      If you want to go ahead an try an fix it ive got a chrome grille you can have cheap mate.
      ah cheers mate! pm me a price so i can total it all up, and then arrange to pick bits up. ur not too far, and right now i have a 3.0 to drive around in to get bits! i prefer the 2.4 muchly..

i forgot to add, the surf hasnt been started since May, and i started her up yesterday morning to take the pics, and it started as good as it always did, no mis-firing at all surprisingly, and the lovely smell of veg oil thats probably gone passed its sell by date!!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I may well have a chrome bumper and a headlight... Got a wing too, but it is grey... In fact anything apart from a cylinder head... Truck should be back here thursday night and an ad to follow soon after.
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

if only you said a week or so ago you could of had just about everything from the burgundy breaker i had
          too late now tho as its in surf heaven
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Don't say things like that cos ill have to pull that time machine out the shed!.... O wait..

Thanks for ur input all of u. Grey body panels won't matter too much as the bodyshop person could spray them off the car before hand. But if I didn't have to spray them that would be pukka
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

That's an afternoons work mate, our Alan's was worse and it was a doddle to fix mate.
              pm him and he might have some repair photos
              Brian

Comment

A tub of t-cut and half a day polishing it and it will look as good as new

How hard / fast did you hit it?
                If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Dieselboy
                  If you are not going to the Monster Truck extravanganza weekend after this, I am and as I'm in Epsom, if you need me to bring anything back frorm those that are going (Rod etc.) I'm happy to and can drop to you in Carshalton on the Sunday if thats any help?

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                    A tub of t-cut and half a day polishing it and it will look as good as new

How hard / fast did you hit it?
                    i ploughed into the polo at 30mph. as he chased me up the road for a row, i just sped up to 30 and sat there. there was no way i was stopping like that,

its south london, for some reason i went into wimp mode and thought knife or worse. i normally let the engine warm up before i go over 2000rpm but not that day. since he overtook me and slammed on his brakes thats what happens when someone does stupid stunts like that.

funny thing was, when we connected it was his rear drivers quarter because i went to go round him but he turned 90 degrees to block me like a T,
                    when we connected my truck didnt stop but i pushed him along the road about a metre, then he shrugged his shoulders n drove off...
                    Last edited by dieselboy; 5 August 2008, 10:59.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                      Dieselboy
                      If you are not going to the Monster Truck extravanganza weekend after this, I am and as I'm in Epsom, if you need me to bring anything back frorm those that are going (Rod etc.) I'm happy to and can drop to you in Carshalton on the Sunday if thats any help?
                      thats brilliant mate. thanks! ( i do have another surf im using right now so i can drive as well)

also thanks to the others for the helpful comments about how easy the bodywork will be.

i need to get my uncle to come round and inspect the suspension bits, it dont look too bad under there so as long as thats not too much...

who has whats needed, and ready to sell?
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i've an outer wing with a tjjm snorke jole cut in iy, byut it's green, a nd a pre face;lioft gerille & headlights & sdidelights if that helps
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                          i've an outer wing with a tjjm snorke jole cut in iy, byut it's green, a nd a pre face;lioft gerille & headlights & sdidelights if that helps

Have you been drinking?
                          Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Tricky bit will be the slam panel, it might straighten out but mines was folded when I killed the wee peugot before xmas last year.

I got another slam panel/cross front and just chopped off the bit I needed and then did the same to my damaged one and matched em up.

Better to get a proper toyota wing or decent second hand one, the aftermarket ones are rubbish.

stipped for repair

new (rubbish) wing offered up (replaced later)

chopping off the bad bits

Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

whats a slam panel?
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X