Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest spotlight technology........

http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/ar....jsp?id=451958

Now where's my soldering iron.................

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Now where's my soldering iron.................

vince do a detailed writeup so a electrical numpty like me can make one ..........PLEASE

BEG BEG
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
      vince do a detailed writeup so a electrical numpty like me can make one ..........PLEASE

BEG BEG
      Seen the price oh yeti ?

For the longer bars we are talking mega dollars

http://www.rigidindustries.com/products.php?5&suba9
      Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 2 August 2008, 19:40.
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

They seem easy enough to make, just some aluminum extrusion and the reflectors that are found in some after market high level stop lights. Oh and a bucket full of 5mm or 10mm superbright LEDs plus resistors.

Comment

Just get some of those rechargable LED handlamps B&Q and the like do and adapt those.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            Just get some of those rechargable LED handlamps B&Q and the like do and adapt those.
            How about 10 of those wind up torches on a lightbar and open the sunroof?

Comment

It's a moon roof Vince.

Comment

what's a sunroof ?
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

It's a moon roof Vince.
                  Only at night.

Comment

Ummmm more ideas! got to be able to make one for a dam sight less than 1 1/2 grand surely, anyone want to buy one so we can take it apart? what about those super flux led's? the square ones with four pins on em, Phenoptics sent me a few as a free gift but never used em, dont know how to wire em (4 pins??)
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

"they crank out 38 watts and only draw 3.3 amps"

On an 11.5v supply maybe. A more sensible measurement would be on 14.4v...

They seem to be suggesting that there is a variable relationship between current, voltage and wattage?

I REALLY REALLY doubt a couple of 20 LED packages will produce ANYTHING like the lumen output of a few HIDs. Sounds like the article was written by the manufacturer to me - or someone on commission.

They look funky though!
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                        Ummmm more ideas! got to be able to make one for a dam sight less than 1 1/2 grand surely, anyone want to buy one so we can take it apart? what about those super flux led's? the square ones with four pins on em, Phenoptics sent me a few as a free gift but never used em, dont know how to wire em (4 pins??)
                        Same as normal LEDs Ian, they just have four pins for stability on the circuit board.

Comment

Btw Vince, that handlamp suggestion yesterday wasn't sarcy or such, you know. It was a legit suggestion. B&Q did some McCulloch? L.E.D handlamps a while ago. (Don't know if they still do). The design of the heads was very similar to worklamps.

Comment

Btw Vince, that handlamp suggestion yesterday wasn't sarcy or such, you know. It was a legit suggestion. B&Q did some McCulloch? L.E.D handlamps a while ago. (Don't know if they still do). The design of the heads was very similar to worklamps.
                            I know, I just wanted to add a comical slant on it by having some wind up torches on the roof.

Sunroof open, frantic winding to get all the lights on at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                            X