Roof Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Rack

Just got myself a purpose made roof rack from SDV Roof Racks at Clitheroe (Ribble Valley Lancs,), total cost was £256.00, no need for roof bars, as they mount it on feet that fit in your roof rails, the alternative was, Thule roof bars, (£80-£90 plus,) and a Custom made roof rack off 'tinternet, (best I saw was £168 from 4x4 direct or direct 4x4, whatever), they now have the measurements for a 3rd Gen. Surf, but will make one to fit 2nd Gen. if you give them the measurements, but better still, pop down there for a made to fit jobby. It's the dog's whatsits, and you can carry as much as your roof will take, whatever that is? 'D' rings at the front to prevent load slip, but will allow you to lay a ladder etc, on the rack flat, its higher than the 'spoiler at the rear, (some roof racks have 'load arresters' fore and aft, that tend to bend with the direct weight on them?
    Ideal for stowing all the xtra camping/caravaning gear, not tried the kitchen sink yet, but it takes the awning stuff and the bikes, whatever! Got picks, but don't know how to add them yet?

if anyone is really desperate for pics,, I can email direct, alcarr23@yahoo.co.uk
    Last edited by swampy; 2 August 2008, 20:57. Reason: add email

any pics?
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by swampy View Post
      : Got picks, but don't know how to add them yet?
      Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
      any pics?
      Yes he does but apparently doesnt know how to load them yet.

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

defo be interested in seeing some pics
        93, 3 Litre SSR-G Diesel
        My Mongol Charity Rally rig, 8000 miles of corrupt cops, bandits with guns, mountains, deserts and all for charity!

Comment

I was thinking about this basket carrier on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITS-SHOGUN-PA...713.m153.l1262

Any good?

Comment

Originally posted by TOC View Post
            defo be interested in seeing some pics
            Same !

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbill View Post
              I was thinking about this basket carrier on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITS-SHOGUN-PA...713.m153.l1262

Any good?
              As long as you have roof rails or roof bars fitted for the rack to attach to then it will be fine mate.

Comment

alu roof rack

Yeh,
                I saw those, ok if you have roof rails AND roof bars, this roof rack of mine will hold far more, is longer, and carries more weight! don't need bars!

Comment

could you email me some pics mate

steve((AT))locuk.co.uk (replacing the ((AT)) with the @ sign

I need new racks for my trip to mongolia

cheers
                  93, 3 Litre SSR-G Diesel
                  My Mongol Charity Rally rig, 8000 miles of corrupt cops, bandits with guns, mountains, deserts and all for charity!

Comment

pics

will do when I get home (tonight),at work at the mo, there is no facility to do so here, but wiil oblige later!

Comment

great,.. if you want i will post up here for you too., let me know if thats ok
                      93, 3 Litre SSR-G Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by TOC View Post
                        great,.. if you want i will post up here for you too., let me know if thats ok
                        That would sure cut down on the number of emails you'd send out!
                        Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

Comment

few piccies of swampys rack
                          Attached Files
                          93, 3 Litre SSR-G Diesel

Comment

Working...
                          X