Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fault Diagnosis

Afternoon all,

I've got all my jobs to do this weekend to try and sort out the problem I have with the Gear Changes (Thread 47760). I have 10 ltrs of Dex II to do a full flush of the tranny fluid, and Oil and filter to do an oil change.

I've also been reading a lot of threads about the Diagnosis of faults, and so am also going to check and see if there is a fault with either of the solenoids. Am I right in saying a faulty solenoid could be causing the gears to not change at the correct rev's?

My main problem is the fact that I can't seem to get into Top gear. It should change at 50mph, but I took her up to 60mph and still no change. When the car changes gear it does feel like its being forced in. There is no mechanical gnashing or groaning, but the car does surge forward a bit when the change occurs. Could that be down to a faulty solenoid? Which one? And what is the fault code?

I really need to sort this out as I'm getting her ready to sell (don't tell her that though!).

Do I need to reset the readings before doing a fault diagnosis? once again tahnks for all of the helpful suggestions I've had so far. Keep em' coming! I think I would have spent £1000's on garage bills over the past few years if you guys weren't there to offer help and advice.

So, once more into the breech my friends and let's see if we can sort this!

Thanks
    Just Vegging Out

OK, just done the diagnostics check.

The O/D light flashed constantly which means there is no problem with the transmission, so I'm back to square one. I'll do the trans fluid flush and hopefully that will sort out the problem.

Am I missing something? If it's not trans fluid, or lazy solenoids, what else could it be?

Also, I got a fault code 24 on the engine, which is 'INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR SIGNAL--OPEN OR SHORT IN INTAKE AIR TEMP. SIGNAL' Nothing to be too concerned about apparently.

now how the f**k do I remove the fuse to reset the codes?!!! I was there for 10min trying to unplug it, but had no luck. Is there a catch on the plug somewhere?
    Just Vegging Out

Comment

If you pull off the passenger side kick panel, you'll find the ECU. Pull plug A and leave for 15 minutes. That should reset the ECU.

Or, just disconnect the batteries for 15 minutes.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        If you pull off the passenger side kick panel, you'll find the ECU. Pull plug A and leave for 15 minutes. That should reset the ECU.

Or, just disconnect the batteries for 15 minutes.
        thought it was 30 mins

Comment

Just long enough for the power to decay in the ECU. 15 mins should do. In fact, 5 should do, but 30's fine. There's no set time really.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
          X