Ohhh... you dumb sh*t!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohhh... you dumb sh*t!!!

Guess who spent til 1AM in A&E last night?

Could it be the first sticker-related injury?

I use a 600mm steel rule and a freshly bladed scalpel for any manual cutting I need to do, and last night I was working on a repetetive design of 24 stickers for someone and was separating the 450mm long bits ready for assembly wth said rule and scalpel.

I glanced up at the computer monitor to check the design mid cut, and then noticed a jet of blood across the bench (and into my face Vicki noticed later!) as the scalpel cut through my index finger about 2/3rds depth, stright through the finger nail up to the right of the first joint.

Damn those things are sharp!

Now my finger's glued and strapped back together, and the nurse is happy there's blood flow to that bit of my finger, and I await the joys of my nail staying in the dressing when I remove it in a week or so.

I shall be buying some aluminium angle this lunchtime to keep some metal between my digits and that blade from now on! Doh!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Ouch!

Hope it mends quickly with a minimum of trouble.

That is exactly the reason I am only allowed to use round bladed scissors!

ChrisP

(Written in crayon)
    Time is an illusion.
    Lunchtime doubly so.

Comment

man, thats graphical stuff.. dont do that again! glad you didnt loose ur finger. would have useless for giving the V sign otherwise! oh and pointing at naughty kids
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Hey mate,
        Glad u ok...

Think we'll all need to chip in on the forum to get u some of these little finger hood things that old lady's wear when using needles....

Anyway hope u have a speedy recovery...
        One day at the time I guess..

Comment

I can sympathise there, I nearly took the end of my left middle finger off back in November. Ended up with 3 stitches and unable to feel the end of my finger as I've hacked the nerves to bits too.
          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
            these little finger hood things that old lady's wear when using needles
            Thimbles?

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
            I can sympathise there, I nearly took the end of my left middle finger off back in November. Ended up with 3 stitches and unable to feel the end of my finger as I've hacked the nerves to bits too.
            I took the pad off my left middle finger last year adjusting an air conditioning vent that was covered in burrs on the back.

It didn't hurt until the nice nurse lifted it off with a pair of tweezers and sprayed saline in to the hole, then filled it with iodine.

Still can't feel anything on that finger tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post

It didn't hurt until the nice nurse lifted it off with a pair of tweezers and sprayed saline in to the hole, then filled it with iodine.

Still can't feel anything on that finger tip.
              yeah I was ok when waiting in casualty, doped up on painkillers. Then when I was being treated the doctor was probing the cut asking "does this hurt?" My reply was "ow far canal" The doc said "we'll take that as a yes"
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

How did I know you would have done this too Jas?

The right hand bit of my finger was purple for a while, but was OK an hour after they'd stuck it back.

The nurse checked for bloodflow by squeezing it til it went white (at which point I nearly leapt through the ceiling!), then checking it went pink again. Trouble was, that started the blood gushing out again!

Wish I'd got a photo, cos it looked minging with the nail in two halves!

Comment

Ewww, too bad mate!

I've got a serious 'thing' (I won't call it a phobia) about blades and hands - must have watched 'Play Misty for Me' at too young an age.

It'll be throbbing now then?
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

bwahahahahahahha.vengence is sweet.my turn to take the pizz now then,remember the little bonnet incident andy.that you lot took great pleasure in laughing about.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Incidentally Andy, presumably if you were out by 1 this morning, you injured yourself on, ooh, Monday?

Comment

is the nail going on ebay with the dressing

Comment

Euwww...

Sorry Sanch, I dunno what you're on about? (Its likely I'm being a bit blond due to blood loss )

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Euwww...

Sorry Sanch, I dunno what you're on about? (Its likely I'm being a bit blond due to blood loss )
                            I was alluding to the rather long waiting times in A+E and suggesting that in order to have been out by the middle of Wednesday night, one would need to go in some 48 hours beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                              I was alluding to the rather long waiting times in A+E and suggesting that in order to have been out by the middle of Wednesday night, one would need to go in some 48 hours beforehand.
                              The rest of us understood what you meant.

Comment

Working...
                              X