No announcement yet.

£643.00 mot!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take it not many of the original forum members log on to this forum anymore,hardly surprising.I personally don't find it amusing when someon gets ripped off,and would try giving advice to other members rather than having a laugh at them,what happened to the common courtesy,good manners and excellent,helpfull advice that used to exist on this forum,seems to me it has been taken over by neds!!!!!(apart fom Mattf,thanks for your sensible answer m8)
    Powered by ????

Comment

Rob, everytime you post on the forum it seems to end up on the same subject - basically that everyone else is a fool. On the subject of common courtesy and good manners, I would suggest that perhaps you would be well advised to stop insulting the majority of people who post here.

You got an answer to your question and it wasn't delayed or obstructed in any way by a few stupid remarks along the way so just take it easy and have a sense of humour.

Comment

I don't mean to take the mick!! Just makes me feel that I'm not the only person whose been had!

Bought my surf 2 weeks ago for £950 - I knew it needed some work for the MOT. Since then I have spent £315.80 to get my pads and discs done by a garage only to find I could have got the parts myself for about £80. I have now bought a new exhaust for a total of about £160 (front section is new rest 2nd hand), new outer cv boots and rear axle seal kit!

Like me I think you were had! The most annoying part is that the biggest bill which was the brakes came up before I found this forum. Were it not for those on this forum I too would now be looking at around £600 to get a new exhaust done.

Just shows that it pays to research first.
        Last edited by jelsplace; 31 July 2008, 15:47.

Comment

Originally posted by RobD View Post
          I take it not many of the original forum members log on to this forum anymore,hardly surprising.I personally don't find it amusing when someon gets ripped off,and would try giving advice to other members rather than having a laugh at them,what happened to the common courtesy,good manners and excellent,helpfull advice that used to exist on this forum,seems to me it has been taken over by neds!!!!!(apart fom Mattf,thanks for your sensible answer m8)
          Chill out fella, you asked a question and got an answer. The fact is you have been shafted, if you feel you have been ripped off then go back the dealer and ask them to explain the costs which you should have done in the first place.? Did you not question the cost at the quote stage? A full stainless exhaust is only £400.00 inc VAT fitted.
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Listen fella, ya asked what seems a sensible question about a not so sensible (Stealership Price) after the fact.... n I know this may be a sensitive subject, but from all our combined experiences on this Forum (yours included) would it not have been wiser to of looked through (Threads n Posts) or not posted at all or Posted say as "Look what I've been Quoted" or "is this right" (Stealership Prices) etc or anybody got any ideas, Where, when, who, How much !! Priceless !!!!
            A hard lesson learnt... but no doubt ya won't be the last, n even if ya don't post a reply to what may seem a silly question... be honest ya may thinking it !!
            Chill Bill ...wev'e swallowed the Pill n all bin there one time or another...

ps. Not all things from a Stealer are dearer (if ya fit em ya self, that is )

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Asking that sort of question? What sort of answers did you expect to get back?
              How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by RobD View Post
                cheers fella,got yr next service booked yet?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  cheers fella,got yr next service booked yet?
                  This'll kill ya!Surf had to go back in,they over adjusted the handbrake!!!!Cowboys