Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Nero

Hello mate,

Could you provide me with the EPC view of the rear diff?

As its a bit of a 'haynes' type view will help me work something out!

cheers mate!

Attached Files
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

new gear ratios to help turn 35s?
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
        Perfect!! cheers mate!

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
        new gear ratios to help turn 35s?
        spot on!! A set of 5.29 ratio gears should be here tomorrow.

Suprisingly complex actually!

I thought just changing the ring an pinion would be it... but i'll need new bearings an some other gear which is over £120 from roughtrax plus £200 on the R&P an thats just for the REAR axle!

I still need to find somewhere that sells Shims, Ive found a few places but im not sure on any of the specs, like diameter of the pinion or anything.

Found a few bits of info re: torquing it all up but my uncle is concerned that some of them seem very weak.

I think my wallet an my brain power is about to get sucked dry

Comment

Don't you need matching diffs front and rear? Or doesn't the front diff turn when in 2WD.
          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
            Don't you need matching diffs front and rear? Or doesn't the front diff turn when in 2WD.
            for 4wd both diffs will have to match, I'm going to struggle like mad to get the rear diff done in time for monster mania. So front diff will have to wait till after.

When in 2wd the front diff still turns but the prop wont so it wont be mashing my gears etc. ( i think, If someone can confirm that it would be great. I dont wanna rush to get these gears in an then screw my truck for MM by not having the front done aswell!)

Its a set of Yukon gears from Marlin crawler (cheers the link Tony!) An from what ive read they are pretty damn tough!! Which is nice...

But its massivly complex to get it set up.

You have to adjust it all using shims etc to get the right pattern from the pinion onto the ring, too much or too little an it will hum like sh!t.

As far as mods go... im really, REALLY not looking forward to having anything to do with this. When its done it will be great. Should get some increase in accleration an MPG. how much... i dont know. But hopefully enough to justify the damn costs

Comment

The bullit was in 2wd for the 06 xmas run for the same reason.......but if you put it into 4wd with different ratios front and back it will be a mess

take the front prop of to stop you prevent you being a idiot untill it's done
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                When its done it will be great. Should get some increase in accleration

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                  The bullit was in 2wd for the 06 xmas run for the same reason.......but if you put it into 4wd with different ratios front and back it will be a mess

take the front prop of to stop you prevent you being a idiot untill it's done
                  good stuff, If i get the new gears in for MM i will be over the moon!
                  Originally posted by MattF View Post

pi$$ off!!

Its bearable, dont really have much of an issue with it. Main thing is the revs seem to be in strange places at held speeds. but saying that, my speedo is miles off. when its reading 35 im getting told its 41.

Bl**dy glad i crawl past speed cameras.

Got a few bits i want done for MM. Got a bumper coming from tobyjug to replace my rusty one, need to sort out the steering wheel which has never been straight in nearly two years despite it being a fairly simple job

Comment

Working...
                  X