SurfWejd Bodylift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SurfWejd Bodylift

We fitted Will's bodylift to his manual 2.4 today. QUite an easy job apart from having to cut away a bit of the bezel around the gearstick and 'modify' the gearstick gaiter. I think by modify, Will meant hack away at it with a Stanley knife. It was easier than lengthening the stick, though looking at it, it might be a better solution to remove the stick and straighten it a bit.

Everything else, including his home made brackets fitted perfectly.

In progress...

One side done...

Will's truck (nearest) only an inch or so shorter than the Apache now, but thats down to tyres. Will's still on 31's. They look weeny under those big aftermarket arches now.

And another pic, cos its a nice view with the Malverns in the background.

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Can’t thank you enough Andy, I am know in you dept.
    I will post some pics of her up parked next to my brothers golf, his roof came to the bottom of my rear window, looks well funny.
    I have 'modified' the shroud with my Stanley knife some more as it was a bit stiff still but know its fine. I might look into welding a piece in but its OK for know.
    i have also filled her with dino juice and no leaks, so its all good.
    All I need to do is get my 33's and my 'you don’t need a BIG one to be happy - BUT IT HELPS!!!' sticker made up for the back window and she will look great.
    Again many thank to you Andy.

Will
    Last edited by surf-wejd; 26 July 2008, 21:19.

Comment

No problemo mate.

But I aint getting under your truck again til you scrape off the 4" thick coat of mud.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        No problemo mate.

But I aint getting under your truck again til you scrape off the 4" thick coat of mud.
        Fairs fair, but your only jealous cus yours isn’t muddy. Na only joking I will clean her next time for you.

Comment

forgot to say. thank you also stormforce.

Comment

Your welcome Will.I'm glad to of sold it at last and your truck is looking good
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              Your welcome Will.I'm glad to of sold it at last and your truck is looking good
              look like a win win situation for us both then.
              she will look better with apache's tyres, i might go around there tonight and swap my wheels over, i wonder if he will notice, he he.

Comment

Very nice, you've set me away wanting a body lift again, although heaven knows why. My off roading has been greatly limited due to lack of somewhere local to go and not many folk up here want to come out and play!

I think I'd like it done anyway, just for the hell of it. Just got to buy the parts now and find someone to give me a hand fitting them, although the way my back's playing up at the moment it may be down to someone else to fit, with me providing beer tokens, coffee and bacon sarnies!
                'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

found a normal surf to park up next to at the three counties show ground.

Last edited by surf-wejd; 28 July 2008, 18:37.

Comment

Now THATS better!

Pity I wasn't there. We could have parked either side and given him an inferiority complex

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      Now THATS better!

Pity I wasn't there. We could have parked either side and given him an inferiority complex
                      now now, its not the size of surf, its how you drive her!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X