Rear shocks- how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear shocks- how to?

Im just changing my rear springs and shocks. Does anyone have any tips on how to get to the top of the rear shocks to undo them? Its incredibly akward and i cant quite see how they are fixed.

Thanks for any help. Its a 2nd gen by the way

Originally posted by Raymond View Post
    Im just changing my rear springs and shocks. Does anyone have any tips on how to get to the top of the rear shocks to undo them? Its incredibly akward and i cant quite see how they are fixed.

Thanks for any help. Its a 2nd gen by the way
    they are exactly the same as the fronts but more awkward and your working blind.You'll need a small socket set to start with to undo the 2 10mm bolts then the 17mm nut.There is no easy or hard way to do the rears they are just awkward
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

2 10mm bolts hold the shock adjuster unit on, once this is off the big 17mm nut is underneath, a socket and ratchet works fine. You may need to told the shock shaft if its tight on the thread.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the very speedy replies. I was hoping there was a secret access panel like on Fourtraks. Oh well, looks like ill be swearing for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          You may need to told the shock shaft if its tight on the thread.
          Go on then, tell him what he may need to tell it if it is tight?

Comment

If you jack the body it may give more room to work on, the fuel tank side is more awkward.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Sorted. What a bitch of a job, worth it though. Only trouble is i think im going to have to wind the torsion bars up a bit as the Milners springs have pushed its saggy arse up quite a bit

Comment

Working...
              X