F.A.O 1st gen people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.A.O 1st gen people

I am hoping this is of some help to someone.

I was at a scrapyard today an was looking at a older Frontera. SWB model with the removable roof and look at this...

the rear roll bar is very similar to a 1st gen surf one... the mounts are just a piece of metal plate welded to the bottom.

would probably be fairly easy to get a roll bar out of the frontera an mod it to fit!

Just thought i'd mention it as i dont know if you guys spend much time in fronteras!

Noons dismantlers was the yard it was in.

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Noons dismantlers was the yard it was in.
    nicely at home for the frontera than.
    lost were you rod?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      nicely at home for the frontera than.
      lost were you rod?
      Nah, on a hunt for 'bits' spotted it an fancied a fiddle!!

got a classic 'restoration' project underway!! Got new tyres on it today!

Templar tyres... bl**dy brilliant!! (thats who fits them btw)

Comment

I have one from the factory, advantage of have a 4Runner over a Surf.

But good spot. Its kind of backwards compared to a 1st gen one, the main hoop leans back at the top and its right behind the back seats, but still might fit though.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          I have one from the factory, advantage of have a 4Runner over a Surf.

But good spot. Its kind of backwards compared to a 1st gen one, the main hoop leans back at the top and its right behind the back seats, but still might fit though.

I would've looked at the other mounts but the trim was massive an awkward to remove... but potentionally it could just turned around maybe?!

The mount for a 3 point belt is good aswell, Im assuming its lapbelts in the back normally?!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
            I would've looked at the other mounts but the trim was massive an awkward to remove... but potentionally it could just turned around maybe?!

The mount for a 3 point belt is good aswell, Im assuming its lapbelts in the back normally?!
            Depend on the other leg, if its shorter to sit on the wheel arch like the Toyota one, it'll only go one way round. But it dosn't really matter, as long as it the right width and height it'll probably fit.

Mine has lap belts, but it also has a threaded fitting in the same place on the bar if you wanted 3 point belts.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              Depend on the other leg, if its shorter to sit on the wheel arch like the Toyota one, it'll only go one way round. But it dosn't really matter, as long as it the right width and height it'll probably fit.

Mine has lap belts, but it also has a threaded fitting in the same place on the bar if you wanted 3 point belts.
              Didn't think of width or height....

Shouldve just ripped it out an dropped it off at Bio's!! He could confirm it then!

Comment

If you were at noons it ain't that far away..........trouble is i am skint atm
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

they dont fit,have tried it.ended up bining it as tony said its all arse backwards.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

A bit like you then
                    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

ive fancied a roll cage in my suf... when you go on 2 or 3 wheels you could hear the trim creaking around the inside at the back, must be where the car was bending. a roll cage would help that, and stiffen up the ride a bit better too
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                      X