SARN HELEN - The facts.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SARN HELEN - The facts.............

I legally drove part of SARN HELEN last Sunday afternoon, on the way home from West Wales. The low down.....

The route is in 3 sections - lets call them South, Middle and North.

The southern section and half of the middle section is in Neath Port Talbot Borough Council and was designated a By Way before NERC. NPT Council open it for June July and August. It is open NOW!!!!!!! The large rock that blocked the northern end of the south section has been removed. It will be put back early September.

The rest of the middle (Roman steps) and all of the North section (Rocky Road) are in Brecon County Council. They had it as a RUPP before NERC so now it is a Restricted Byway and is NOT open. There are small signs on the gate posts saying so. Unless someone mounts a legal challenge these sections will remain closed. NERC has no right of appeal, by the way.
    Another member of the 'A' team

But who moves the big rock?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Man with big hands.....
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
        I legally drove part of SARN HELEN last Sunday afternoon, on the way home from West Wales.
        Any chance of map refs Andy? PM me or give me a bell.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          The local quarry owner. The rock is as big as a Surf so God knows what it weighs. He uses one of his large Caterpillar thingies,,,,,

Apache - start point SN784 000, end point SN855 094

The initial climb (if going S to N) is AMAZING - about 300metres vertical for about 3km horizontal - its up up up all the way.
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Glad to see you got some of that fantastic route back.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
            X