Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to 4x4 just to say HI

Hello everybody
    We have just purchased a 2.4TD 1990 Surf after wanting one for about 5 years, We are really impressed with it and have already found loads of useful info on this site. We really do need to disconnect my speed warning bell though it drives me mad!!!!!
    Our surf is fresh in from Japan with just 46000 miles on it (if the speedo is correct???) and we are already in love with it and cant work out why we didnt buy one sooner.
    Cheers, Ed & Sarah
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

fresh from japan

mine was fresh from japan with 46,000 miles!
    funny that!
    NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
    'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

Comment

Welcome Ed & Sarah. dont dwell in the past youv'e got one now so go out an enjoy what can only be described as a unique motering experience. Happy Surfin and may your smiles never fade

Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

hey smurf,
        welcome to the funny farm...........
        i've had mine for a whole week and still can't leave it alone, i'm sure i'm gonna go blind....................
        the A bars on, the lights work all i gotta do now is get them rear speakers working and i can move in............. haahaa

see ya'll,
        Planty

Comment

Glad to see someone else has rear speakers that arent working!!!! Have got to take out the original stereo as it wont read any of my CD's,and cant get radio1. I will have to get a single pod conversion and fit my stereo out of my previous car. Glad to see you are a sociable bunch on here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf
            Hello everybody
            We have just purchased a 2.4TD 1990 Surf after wanting one for about 5 years, We are really impressed with it and have already found loads of useful info on this site. We really do need to disconnect my speed warning bell though it drives me mad!!!!!
            Our surf is fresh in from Japan with just 46000 miles on it (if the speedo is correct???) and we are already in love with it and cant work out why we didnt buy one sooner.
            Cheers, Ed & Sarah
            Hi Ed & Sarah.

Welcome to the forum and the world of Surfdom loonies. Glad youre experiencing the grin factor with your new "baby", lets hope you have it for a long while too. I'm not familiar with the speed warning bell myself, but if you use the search facility I'm sure you'll gain some info from it. All we need now is some piccies of your Surf and to get some mud slung over it off road.
            You'll find the forum a bit quiet this weekend as there is a big off-road meet with most of the regulars attending it. Meantime, if you have any questions I'm sure the rest of us will be able to help you...

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf
              Glad to see someone else has rear speakers that arent working!!!
              Mine hasnt got any, nor wires for the non speakers.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome all

We would def be interested in geting some mud over her, just dont like the washing bit!!!
                Is there anywhere in or near to essex to go and have some fun???
                Also can anybody tell me what this problem with heads is as i keep seeing comments about it on here, do i need to be looking out for anything????

Comment

Hi there,

I am another newbie to "surfing" having just got my SSR X 3.0L diesel a couple of weeks back.

Like you all I have he bolt on smile firmly attached

I would ask what your your preferences are for the suspension settings ?

Having come from a VTEC powered missile I have found the "Hard" setting much more to my liking.

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Suspension

When on my own around town i do quite like the hard seting but if all of the family are in it i set it to normal just for a smoother ride for the kids(hoping they go to sleep)

Comment

Originally posted by nogginthenog
                      mine was fresh from japan with 46,000 miles!
                      funny that!

Check your driveway LOL

Well I can move into mine. The radio works (albeit can't find one of my fav stations on the Japanese radio/cd/cassette thingy-me-bob). Just managed to reconnect the Spots after they were disconnected either for the SVA or from the auto-sparky fitted my immobiliser.

Just to fix in new buttons for the Hard/Soft suspension and Idle Up (switches used for the Fog Lights..). Needed the suspension mode today as I had a Horse trailer for the first time on the back
                      Last edited by Gizmo; 12 April 2004, 20:06.
                      Gaz

Comment

Working...
                      X