electric tailgate window tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric tailgate window tools

does anyone know off the top of their head what tools i will need to remove the passenger rear door motor and install into tailgate to replace broken motor?

i have a screw driver set, and an adjustable spanner.. think i need some more tools?

ta muchly - i will keep looking
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

1/4 drive socket set is a must
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
      1/4 drive socket set is a must
      what size sockets? 12 and 14mm ? will i need the same 12 and 14mm spanners do you reckon?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

8,10,12,14 covers most internal sizes and a 1/4 drive ratchet.........you might as well buy a small set .......its all i useful.

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
          8,10,12,14 covers most internal sizes and a 1/4 drive ratchet.........you might as well buy a small set .......its all i useful.
          cheers mate.
          i will try and get to halfords to buy some of their plasticine tool sets
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

There is nothing wrong with some of there kit ........infact i think you will find that the halfords pro stuff is made by sealy

Comment

cheers for your help
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

You will need small hands and lots of patience too.

Much easier to got to scrappy and get a corolla/mr2/Hiace passenger door motor.

About £10.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

8mm rathet spanner makes the tailgate one much easier. You can do the door ones with a spanner or socket aswell, but but they also take a T25 torx bit. Then just a phillips for the screws on the doorcard and tailgate panel.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

cheers for writing my shopping list i shal do this tomorro.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Tie a string to the end of your spanner and around your wrist. You'll know why when you spend half an hour fishing a spanner out the bottom of your tailgate after dropping it.
                      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Working...
                      X