Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bwahahahahaha!!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/2008072...l-dba1618.html

Sorry, but when I saw this it made me laugh out loud.

You would think being a teacher he would know better

Mark.........
    Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Didn't Mythbusters prove this could'nt happen?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yes, but Braniac (English people rather than rednecks) proved it can.

They substituted an electric fence for a live rail but same principal.

Presumably Vauxhall Station has a loo? Why did he feel the need to pee on the railway? I bet he stood on the live rail rather than peed on it though.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Presumably Vauxhall Station has a loo? Why did he feel the need to pee on the railway? I bet he stood on the live rail rather than peed on it though.
          I can only think of one London station that has toilets 'platform-side' (Baker Street) and only two or three non-terminals that have them at all.

I guess it's to stop people doing bad things in them, the same excellent logic that got rid of every bin in central London in case someone put a bomb in one.

Comment

He was here to improve his English, I guess he hadn't got round to learning "don't walk on the railway tracks"
            As far as I can remeber there are no toilets at Vauxhall station, but if they were then they'd be like the other station toilets in London, where you have to pay 20p to use them.
            Thought they'd brought back bins in stations? Well by bin I meant clear plastic bag on a hook.
            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

you must be thinking of waterloo..

- its like that thing they teach you about in school... process of natural selection. i wondered why the trains were busy
              Last edited by dieselboy; 22 July 2008, 16:50.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
                Thought they'd brought back bins in stations? Well by bin I meant clear plastic bag on a hook.
                your not suggesting he shouldve urinated in that plastic bag on a hook are you? his choice was far less un-sightly.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                  I can only think of one London station that has toilets 'platform-side' (Baker Street) and only two or three non-terminals that have them at all.

I guess it's to stop people doing bad things in them, the same excellent logic that got rid of every bin in central London in case someone put a bomb in one.
                  see. cant even throw your bombs away these days.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

the higher the voltage the more it can jump accross.. doubt the electric fence had as much voltage as a live rail? i accidentally managed to get a metal rod to make up a circuit between the live rail and the neutral one. what a bang that made
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Dunno what an electric fence is but I suspect high voltage / low current. Live rail is high current obviously, but I reckon the voltage is lower otherwise there's be pretty corona and arcing everywhere every time it rains.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Dunno what an electric fence is but I suspect high voltage / low current. Live rail is high current obviously, but I reckon the voltage is lower otherwise there's be pretty corona and arcing everywhere every time it rains.
                        i dunno about corona but its nice with lime, but havnt you seen when a train pulls away the size of the arcing then?

sorry about jokes
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

the live rail is 750 Volts DC, not sure about the current though
                          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
                            the live rail is 750 Volts DC, not sure about the current though
                            is it only 750? the current must be huge then... i know the idea for transporting power is to have a really really high voltage and a low current so that there is the least ammount of heat produced therefore not wasting energy. but i suppose the gage of the live rail must have a low enough resistance to not have to do that?

weird
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

typical british rail taking the pi55 again.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X