Resetting the T Belt lighton a 3G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resetting the T Belt lighton a 3G

Hi all, I am sure this question has been asked before and I just don't seem to hit the right thread in search so I will ask again. On the 3 gen Surf how do you reset the timing belt light after it is replaced. Mine has done 145000 Kms and I assume the belt was changed at 100000 Kms. However it will be serviced just before I go on holiday and I am going to have the belt changed at the same time just to be on the safe side. If it is not reset then will it come on at 200000 Kms. Koi, I am still having trouble adding attachments. Am clicking but nothing happening.
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

On the back of the instrument cluster there are 2 screw holes close together, one has a screw in it the other does not, apparently you just swap the screw from one hole to the other and thats it job done.

Comment

Thanks Andy, I take it that you have to remove the instrument cluster to get to it.
      Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by andy
        On the back of the instrument cluster there are 2 screw holes close together, one has a screw in it the other does not, apparently you just swap the screw from one hole to the other and thats it job done.
        what an ar$e of a job, having to take the clocks out to reset the timing belt light, should have left it like the 2.4
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
          what an ar$e of a job, having to take the clocks out to reset the timing belt light, should have left it like the 2.4
          I have a 93 3.0L SSR-X and the reset is at the front of the dash, just have to remove a tiddly bung and away you go.

Does this mean I have a 2nd Gen ?

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
            I have a 93 3.0L SSR-X and the reset is at the front of the dash, just have to remove a tiddly bung and away you go.

Does this mean I have a 2nd Gen ?

Trev
            Correct, 1st Gen 1984-1989; 2nd Gen 1989-1995; 3rd Gen 1995-2002; 4th Gen 2002-
            New models appear in August of the year of introduction.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
              Correct, 1st Gen 1984-1989; 2nd Gen 1989-1995; 3rd Gen 1995-2002; 4th Gen 2002-
              New models appear in August of the year of introduction.
              Many thanks and Happy Easter

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
              X