Get complaining!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get complaining!

Those of you who watched the normally brilliant Top Gear last night will have noticed that our hobby came in for a good kicking. Normally, I wouldn't object as everyone is fair game to Clarkson and the lads, but greenlaning was SERIOUSLY misrepresented and we were made to look like simple vandals who go out and destroy the countryside for laughs.

This hands ammo to the Ramblers and other elements who would rather nobody used the countryside, so I have sent in a complaint to the BBC. If you have time, follow suit, as we really cant allow many more attacks on this hobby before we are closed down completely.

It WILL happen people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/make...nt_step1.shtml
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

done
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Complaint sent
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

J.C doing what he does best, being a P RICK
        Brian

Comment

duly noted and complied
          Gaz

Comment

Done...

Fuming...

Comment

You can't pick and choose what they can take the pee out off. I find it hypocrital to make a fuss now they do a skit about our hobby.

Everyone laughs along when they abuse caravans, bikers, cyclists, old people, etc.....

Why should offroading 'immune' to satire? Sterotyping things is what makes Top Gear funny, suck it up people.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I thought it was more than a skit though Tony.

Being labelled a redneck murderer I can handle - hell, they might be right

I just think they crossed the line when he went tearing around wrecking the joint and *inferring* that is greenlaning.

We know the general public believe TV, so now a fair amount of the great unwashed will believe greenlaning is all about wheelspinning through woods - and some d1ckheads will no doubt take their freelander / X5 / whatever down their local woods and do just that and tell everyone they went greenlaning. Witness the letter in this months TOR.

I just feel its another small tap on a nail in the coffin containing our rights.
                Last edited by Apache; 21 July 2008, 22:21.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  You can't pick and choose what they can take the pee out off. I find it hypocrital to make a fuss now they do a skit about our hobby.

Everyone laughs along when they abuse caravans, bikers, cyclists, old people, etc.....

Why should offroading 'immune' to satire? Sterotyping things is what makes Top Gear funny, suck it up people.

Couldnt agree with you more.
                  TG is just about entertaining the viewers these days, I look forward to it each week but take all the races and tasks with a pinch of salt. They are all staged and most on private grounds, such as the caravan holiday (which amused my caravaning parents btw) and I am sure last nights was no different. I guess it was in the grounds of Eastnor Castle, but thats just me speculating.
                  I am sure the 20 odd horses did just as much damage as JC anyway, so why not complain about them too?
                  Out of interest, did anyone get offended when they took the Disco up that mountain and tore the ground up? or when they drove across Botswana and got stuck in the flats? or to the North Pole and broke some ice?
                  Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Oh OK then.

Lets not cry though when the last of the lanes is closed because of 'how destructive greenlaning is'.

Not everyone is as bright as you. Many many people will believe that *IS* greenlaning. Look at how many people thought they'd killed the Stig on the aircraft carrier

Comment

as a drunk, and a driver... i thought it was great when jeremy clarkson combined my hobbies at the north pole!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Me too, but it was OK as technically he was in international waters

Comment

Complaint sent in. JC is an idiot never liked him much anyways,
                          a proper richard head.
                          If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, it was uncomfortable to watch at times, but I said, I find it hypocritical to make a fuss after years of laughing along at other topics getting a beating on there.

Thats all.

Oddly, a horse forum I hang around on thought it was great, especially hammond, after his head injury he has balls of steel. Sassy has been told not to ride, ever, after less of a brain injury than him in case it gets bashed again.

From people who have an legitmate axe to grind over rude greenlaning, it didn't get a mention.

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Oh OK then.

Lets not cry though when the last of the lanes is closed because of 'how destructive greenlaning is'.

Not everyone is as bright as you. Many many people will believe that *IS* greenlaning. Look at how many people thought they'd killed the Stig on the aircraft carrier
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Fairy nuff.

I found it extremely uncomfortable to watch, and hilarious in its own right at the same time - a bit like 'The Office' christmas special!

I love Clarkson, and have read all his books, so am used to the kicking he gives 4x4 drivers. I was just seeing it from the casual observers PoV.

They hate us already. A lot of them hate us even more now, I'm sure.

Gotta do some more laning! I figure we've got 5 years left, tops.

Comment

Working...
                              X