@yoshie,wvo users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @yoshie,wvo users

hi,what re you using to heat the oil before filtering??im lookin for ideas,as im using all plastic barrels lol

I don't add meth so no need to heat.

Slow filtering and allowing it to settle between filters is the simple way to do it. I only add unleaded @ 10% mix.

If you want to react with meth you will need heat, a couple of emmersion tank heaters will do. Cheap on eblag. But I would swap to a metal drum.

This will answer some questions if you want to go further than fitering wvo
    Last edited by yoshie; 19 July 2008, 17:27.
    Brian

Comment

cheers matey,the trouble im fining is the wvo im getting is near solid at times,im heating it with a fish tank heater that seems to do the trick so far

Comment

You shouldn't be using it then. It'll solidify in your fuel system, then, if you corner too fast without your ARBs on, your truck will tip over...
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          cheers matey,the trouble im fining is the wvo im getting is near solid at times,im heating it with a fish tank heater that seems to do the trick so far
          sounds like your WVO has palm oil in it - NOT a good idea
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
            sounds like your WVO has palm oil in it - NOT a good idea
            tbh i think its more the amount of cack in it lol,ill see wot it does once its all filtered

Comment

tbh i think its more the amount of cack in it lol,ill see wot it does once its all filtered
              Hope so for your sake - good luck

Comment

Hope so for your sake - good luck
                so if it's palm,i take it i cant use it?and im guessin it will go solid after filtering?im using 10 micron btw

Comment

so if it's palm,i take it i cant use it?and im guessin it will go solid after filtering?im using 10 micron btw
                  Palm is frequently solid at room temperature - your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to work out how useful that is as a vehicle fuel

Comment

Palm is frequently solid at room temperature - your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to work out how useful that is as a vehicle fuel
                    i know wot yr saying mate,wasnt like lard lolol just vvvvvv lumpy/thick

Comment

i know wot yr saying mate,wasnt like lard lolol just vvvvvv lumpy/thick
                      Fingers crossed then

Give it a good filtering and see what it's like then [prays for good news]

Comment

Fingers crossed then

Give it a good filtering and see what it's like then [prays for good news]
                        ty matey,gawd its soooooo slow lolol,managin about a litre an hour i reckon lol

Comment

If it's that slow it's doing a good filter

Comment

Thats about what it takes me so your filtering ok, use of heaters (emersion) sort of defeats the object of saveing money dont it?

Yoshie!!!!!! dont froget to send me ya postal addy! your heater should be ready this comeing week, aint had time to go and check, but may be already done
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                              Thats about what it takes me so your filtering ok, use of heaters (emersion) sort of defeats the object of saveing money dont it?

Yoshie!!!!!! dont froget to send me ya postal addy! your heater should be ready this comeing week, aint had time to go and check, but may be already done
                              trouble is im doin it outside tho lol(not in a central heat garage )

Comment

Working...
                              X