a little trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little trouble

so, when the pull release for the rear seats has gone somewhere other than where it should be - meaning that you cannot tilt one of the rear seats forward, how on earth can you remove it from the vehicle completely?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

stick a pair of needle nose pliers into the hole where the release was grab the screw and pull it up. That should release it

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
      stick a pair of needle nose pliers into the hole where the release was grab the screw and pull it up. That should release it
      when i looked previously, i couldnt even see the little rod in the hole...
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Wheres Mr Leach when you need him?

Try pushing the seat back foam down around the hole for the pull bit as far as you can and you will hopefully see the end of the screw if you look inside.
        hopefully.

Comment

Wheres Mr Leach when you need him?

Try pushing the seat back foam down around the hole for the pull bit as far as you can and you will hopefully see the end of the screw if you look inside.
          hopefully.
          ok i will try some jiggery pokery
          have shed loads of other things to do before hand though. cheers for your advice.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Unscrew the lift catch from the other side and use it on the side that's missing. Do this until you're passing through a scrap yard and then swipe one out of a car with a similar catch. Worked for me
            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

I did that then found that its the damn screw has snapped so theres barely any thread to screw it on to

Comment

I did that then found that its the damn screw has snapped so theres barely any thread to screw it on to
                dam, I must have been lucky then and had enough thread left. Thought about some glue in the catch and fix it into place?
                Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

my rods completely missing...
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Try a wire hook and see if you latch onto anything. I've no idea how the mech is designed, but there must be some type of arm down there to hook over.
                    Last edited by MattF; 18 July 2008, 14:52.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                      my rods completely missing...
                      Get a long flat headed screw driver, climb into the boot, and poke around in the area where the catch goes into the back of the seat. If you do it right you can lift the mechanism up and move the seat. I had to do the same on my old Surf where it also broke the threaded bit off.
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

cheers for all your wise words
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

unscrew the carpet and board bit from the back of the seat and pop it off, see if you can see any way of releasing the seat then?
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Use an angle grinder

that should get the seat out
                            If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Working...
                            X