Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The MacMillan Cancer Support 09

Fellow Surfers.
    In March next year i will be doing the Mac. I know times are hard at the minute but if you could dip into your pockets and make a donation to a well worthy cause it would be most appreciated.
    We are also the only Surf on the event, surrounded by Landys,so if that dont get you to empty your pockets i dont know what will, lol.
    We are determined to do well and raise as much as we can to help the MacMillans do the outstanding job that they do.
    Anyway, please visit our web page at the address below.

Regards Phil

http://www.justgiving.com/teambullet2

macmillan

hi phil, youre doing a good job mate, i lost my son to cancer five years ago macmillan nurses were something else, so i donate monthly to this good cause keep up the good work, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by caney View Post
      hi phil, youre doing a good job mate, i lost my son to cancer five years ago macmillan nurses were something else, so i donate monthly to this good cause keep up the good work, cheers

Sorry to hear that friend. They are a special kind of folk arnt they?

Comment

Hi mate. I have a full set of Mac Challenge decals I made for the 2008 one for Mudsurfer who didn't get to do it in the end. As they are cut vinyl, its a simple job for me to change the 8 for a 9. You're welcome to them if you want them.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Hi mate. I have a full set of Mac Challenge decals I made for the 2008 one for Mudsurfer who didn't get to do it in the end. As they are cut vinyl, its a simple job for me to change the 8 for a 9. You're welcome to them if you want them.
          Oww that will be great mate, i'll take them off ya hands, thanks very much

Comment

PM me your postal address and I'll modify them and get them in the post.

Comment

PM me your postal address and I'll modify them and get them in the post.

Thanks mate. sent ya pm other day but didn't acknowledge here.

Comment

Yeah got it ta. Will cut some 9's next time I've got the silver vinyl loaded.

Comment

Yeah got it ta. Will cut some 9's next time I've got the silver vinyl loaded.
                  Thanks

Comment

Supported ! and paid
                    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                      Supported ! and paid
                      Thanks John, most appreciated mate

Comment

Cheers John H for your kind donation. It's very much appreciated.

Killrag1

Flat out Phils co driver
                        http://www.justgiving.com/teambullet2

Comment

BUMP!

What, none of you lot have got a fiver?

Comment

phil send me your addy n ill send something to you

Comment

Just to let you all know we completed the Mac, below is a right up from my co driver which was posted on our forum, enjoy!

It was on one of CORC’s finest green laning trips around Wales whilst my truck was undergoing a rebuild and Phil offered to let me ride shotgun in the bullet, half way through the day we were bouncing around the wayfarer we got talking about only having one life and how important it was to live it and not let it pass by, then came the comment from Phil “I would love to do the MAC” to which I think I replied “yeah it looks like fun” or words to that effect, “do you fancy having a go at it” Phil suggested to which I replied “ I guess so”, now I never actually thought we would follow this through and thought nothing more of it. A few months then passed by and I get a PM from Phil saying he’s going to apply for a place for us, still not thinking we would qualify I went along with it. Then not long after I got a phone call from an ecstatic Phil, we had been selected!

The rest of the year seemed to pass really slowly waiting for the big event, but when the last few weeks approached it seemed to whiz by as we made last minute preparations, then came the bad news about The Bullet (Phils truck) disaster had struck and the engine decided to self destruct, I watched helplessly on the forum as Phil tried everything in his power to fix it, he even purchased a second truck to do the event in but found it wasn’t going to be any good as the tin worms had been munching on it so much it wouldn’t pass an MOT. He tried to transplant the engine from one to the other but it proved to be impossible in the time frame, so with two broken cars and work drying up for Phil I convinced myself that we probably wouldn’t be going. Not long after I had a phone call from Phil, as I looked at the phone ringing I already knew he was going to tell me, my guess was we couldn’t compete in the MAC4x4 I almost didn’t answer as I thought I didn’t want to hear it, what Phil said in that call came as quite a surprise to me, not only had he managed to find yet another truck, he only paid peanuts for it and it was in good working order, even more surprising was that it was the same colour so by transplanting the doors, wings, windows and bonnet he could save most of our sponsors stickers, now it all became very real and with only days to go before the event I realised how unprepared I was.

Somehow we managed to get our act together, you wouldn’t believe how fine we cut it, take for instance the fact we hadn’t booked a hotel for the night before but were lucky enough to find a good value hotel with a room that wouldn’t give us head lice or worse. To make it even better we were made up when we got there and saw the car park full of 4x4’s smothered in stickers we wasted no time and got into the pub to meet the rest of the competitors. When I look back, it was at this stage where we realised just what we were in for.

Comment

Working...
                              X