No announcement yet.

aahhh, i have been scamed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would write to the fraud dept at your credit card company and to APACS (the banks clearing house) and advise them that you do not wish them to pass onthe funds to this company-make it clear that if they do so then give that it is common knowledge these are scam artists they you will conside that the credit card company is 'aiding and abbetting and facilitating fraud and that you will take legal action to rcove both your moneyt and debt from them.

if they do pass the money on go to small claims court and submit a claim. No bank or cc company will be prepared to go to court and dtsnd befor a judge whilst you tell the judge about the fact that the police, watchdog etc all agree thsi is a scam. The CC company brand is worht more than £100. You will win

Comment

I dont want to sound judgemental but probably will. I wish you luck in getting your dough back, and Im guessing that its "lesson learned" for you, but I still find it hard to beleive that people still get sucked in to this kind of thing.
      Whenever Ive advertised a vehicle on Autotrader Ive had calls from people like this lot. I simply ask them if they want to buy my vehicle, I do this repeatedly till theyre forced to say no, or I tell them to get one of their hundreds of buyers to call me directly, then I tell them to stop bothering me. I wish companys like this would cease to exist, but as long as they have folks falling for their patter I suppose we have to put up with them. ###### parasites is what they are , but Im still amazed when apparently rational people fall for it and there must be loads or these bottom feeders wouldnt bother

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
        I dont want to sound judgemental but probably will. I wish you luck in getting your dough back, and Im guessing that its "lesson learned" for you, but I still find it hard to beleive that people still get sucked in to this kind of thing.
        Whenever Ive advertised a vehicle on Autotrader Ive had calls from people like this lot. I simply ask them if they want to buy my vehicle, I do this repeatedly till theyre forced to say no, or I tell them to get one of their hundreds of buyers to call me directly, then I tell them to stop bothering me. I wish companys like this would cease to exist, but as long as they have folks falling for their patter I suppose we have to put up with them. ###### parasites is what they are , but Im still amazed when apparently rational people fall for it and there must be loads or these bottom feeders wouldnt bother

Bogus
        i understand your point here. but i think that generally if someone thinks there is an easier option then they are going to take it.

just out of curiosity; wouldnt of it had been better to wait until your bill came through, and then call the credit card company asking what the £99.99 payment was for, and then explaining it wasnt you? if it was a scam then they wouldnt be able to check anyway would they?
        in my recent experience, banks / credit card co's will find any excuse to wriggle out of giving back money.
        my mum had money stolen from her account and the branch told her it was fraud. so she went through the process of trying to reclaim it through the bank only to be told it was all her fault and she wasnt getting any back.
        it took months of letters, and to get the local mp involved (and even the mp wrote to us saying its her fault and she wouldnt get it back) before the bank then wrote to the mp saying 'this is a one off and we will go ahead with the claim)

its infuriating, and even more infuriating when there is nothing you can do, when honest people get kicked in the nads, as it were.
        sorry rant over
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          i understand your point here. but i think that generally if someone thinks there is an easier option then they are going to take it.

[snipped]

its infuriating, and even more infuriating when there is nothing you can do, when honest people get kicked in the nads, as it were.
          Taking the 'easy option' is what gets people into this mess. It does amaze me why common sense seems to disappear when someone hears what they would like to hear.

Anyhows, regardless, the nad kick stands a good chance of being countered if he causes enough fuss. Bending over and taking it when the CC company tells him there's nothing they can do is just bowing to their normal fob-off technique.

Would help if he'd answer the question of what purpose the money was supposedly for. I really hate it when people ask a question and then only respond to the questions they like. That type of 'convenient hearing' attitude is what drops them in the sh1t in the first place.

Comment

sumthin sounds to good/easy to be true= it is

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
              sumthin sounds to good/easy to be true= it is
              if something sounds too good to be true it is...lay off the sauce dude
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                if something sounds too good to be true it is...lay off the sauce dude
                i meant the same as you,and you know it!

Comment

i meant the same as you,and you know it!

nooooooooo !!!! you mean the complete opposite to me

if something sounds to good to be true,it generally ISNT
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                      lolol,why arent u goin to monster mania anyways

Comment

lolol,why arent u goin to monster mania anyways

same reason im not going in the corsa...................it will get caught between the tread on someones mud tyre !!
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                          same reason im not going in the corsa...................it will get caught between the tread on someones mud tyre !!
                          wot im saying is,trev is more than welcome no matter wot he is driving,surely

Comment

he surely is....could get him on the way ??
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

wot im saying is,trev is more than welcome no matter wot he is driving,surely
                              ty,

but I have a couple of issues

1) as GWH says squirrile would fit in the treads
                              2) I am not sure if I am on 24/7 so cannot commit - my week has already been changed once
                              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Re

Vehicle World Services
                                707 High Road
                                Finchley
                                London
                                N12 0BT

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to make a complaint against the service you offer.
                                I received a phone call from one of your sales representatives promising me you had buyers interested in my car.
                                I was told if I paid £99.99, buyers would contact me that night and arrange a viewing on my car.
                                I was told you arrange finance for the buyers and all had been approved for £7300.00 and would I be willing to accept that as an offer on my car.
                                I asked the sales man if I was paying for an advert and he said NO.
                                I advised yes and like a fool gave you my credit card details for you to take the payment.
                                I heard nothing that night and the following morning when I googled your company to my surprise I found many websites were people had written reports of your company ripping them off.
                                The same thing had happened to these people where somebody had phoned them up promising buyers would be in contact, took their money and they never heard from the company again.
                                To my horror, I realised I had been ripped off.
                                I then received a receipt through the post thanking me for placing my advert. I phoned your customer service line and the guy I spoke to told me it was not a scam and I would definitely hear form buyers over the weekend.
                                I heard nothing.
                                I have today phoned and spoken to William Collins who has informed me to write a letter of complaint so I am able to obtain my money back.
                                Luckily, I work as a solicitor and know the law if on my side.
                                You have obtained my money by deception, if you were a legitimate company, your calls would be recorded.
                                I know this is not the case.
                                If I do not receive my money back within 5 days, I will make an official complaint to the Financial Ombudsman and shall issue a claim in the small claims court to recover the cost of my £99.99.
                                Obviously once this happens you will incur cost fees and costs which estimate £198.00 on top.

Please treat this letter with urgency and resolve my complaint as soon as possible.
                                To date I have still not heard from any buyers and to clarify I wish to receive my money back.

Yours Sincerely

Cc

Financial Ombudsman Service Ltd. South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR

The Daily Mirror, 1 Canada Square Canary Wharf, London E14 5AP

BBC Watchdog, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TS

Ashfords Solicitors, Bristol
                                Last edited by hellmett; 18 July 2008, 22:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X