aahhh, i have been scamed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aahhh, i have been scamed

totally gutted, been having phone calls all week from a company called Vehicle World Services as i'm trying to sell my Kawasaki ninja.
    each time trey phone they have more and more apparently interested in my ninja and that they had people wanting to offer £5650, all i had to do was pay a one off payment of £99.99 which i did. after putting the phone down my mind kicked in saying 'will why the hell did you just give someone your details over the phone'. i got back home google'd in there company name but only found hundreds of forums saying they scam people, god i want to cry, i feel so stupid.
    does anybody have any advise for little me.
    many thanks will
    p.s stay away from Vehicle World Services

cancel your card and let the credit company deal with it .
    sorry about that it is a bummer.
    john
    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Its not advice you need, its a dry slap

"What is it "a fool and his money......."

Mark.........
      Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Got to say though, these scum bags are VERY good, and know what buttons to push. the advice given above is probably your best shot.

Mark...........
        Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

would definately inform your credit card company and see what they say, if they agree to refund you the money all well and good. If not you become out of pocket , you need to ring the police and get it crimed, fraud by false representation. It may not get your money back but may well gradually get these scum bags stopped if the police get involved.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

shorly if i cancle my card they could try and take me to court or somthing, i mean they aparently are providing a service that i had paid for, 'aparently', so in the eyes of the law i should pay.

Comment

Firstly, get straight onto your credit card company, and see what they have to say. However, I suspect the £99.99 cost might have significance as I recall reading somewhere that many CC companies won't do anything for values less than £100.

Hopefully you'll live and learn?
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
                Firstly, get straight onto your credit card company, and see what they have to say. However, I suspect the £99.99 cost might have significance as I recall reading somewhere that many CC companies won't do anything for values less than £100.

Hopefully you'll live and learn?

i thought the same,but dont worry about cancelling,you generally have a cooling off period on a card,just make sure they dont rinse it for thousands
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
                  would definately inform your credit card company and see what they say, if they agree to refund you the money all well and good. If not you become out of pocket , you need to ring the police and get it crimed, fraud by false representation. It may not get your money back but may well gradually get these scum bags stopped if the police get involved.
                  i have phoned the company and they 'say' because my details have been sent around to there customers, i can not receve a refund.
                  the police know about this compay, and so do watchdog and all the outhers but they cant do a thing for some reason.
                  Last edited by surf-wejd; 17 July 2008, 19:18.

Comment

some more info about them here
                    Even a address too

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=727199&page=2

A company like this tried it on with me before....i just kept leading them on....they soon got fed up and i had a good laugh.
                    But that sucks mate...hope you get your money back
                    Last edited by evil_jesus; 17 July 2008, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_jesus View Post
                      some more info about them here
                      Even a address too

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=727199&page=2

A company like this tried it on with me before....i just kept leading them on....they soon got fed up and i had a good laugh.
                      But that sucks mate...hope you get your money back
                      cheers mate. i have already seen this thread, i have also coped a letter from an soliciter who got scamed, regigged it, and am sending it off on recordid delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by surf-wejd View Post
                        shorly if i cancle my card they could try and take me to court or somthing, i mean they aparently are providing a service that i had paid for, 'aparently', so in the eyes of the law i should pay.
                        Hmm. I seeem to remember something about a '14 day cooling off period'. Not sure exactly what it covers, but I'd rather battle it in court than lose £99 to scum bags

And sorry to it anyway, tis easy to be conned by professionals, you just have to keep your wits about you. Hope you succeed.
                        If it ain't fun it ain't worth doing!

Comment

Originally posted by BushBuster View Post
                          Hmm. I seeem to remember something about a '14 day cooling off period'. Not sure exactly what it covers, but I'd rather battle it in court than lose £99 to scum bags

And sorry to it anyway, tis easy to be conned by professionals, you just have to keep your wits about you. Hope you succeed.
                          thanks mate

Comment

http://search.virginmedia.com/result...tryUK&x=22&y=7

check out how many firms run from that 1 address its a joke there is loads of them
                            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

What was their reason regarding the following? For what purpose do they require that payment?

pay a one off payment of £99.99

Comment

Working...
                              X