Banks sweepstake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banks sweepstake

OK Last year, I changed banks, having reclaimed my charges from nationwide. I switched to Nat west, and ticked the box marked 'do you want to switch over all you direct debits and such like, transfer the balance and close the old account for you?' thinking that was that I went on with my life and ignored all the junk mail from Nationwide...That may have been a mistake....

Who would like to guess how much I owe them now, considering that a payment to aol went through after the financial horse had bolted, as it were, leaving the account 10 pounds overdrawn .....
    (The clue here is, I am not very happy, AOL aren't answering the phone, Nationwide say not our problem sunbeam, and Natwest said 'sorry, whats this got to do with us?')
    it's in me shed, mate.

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
    OK Last year, I changed banks, having reclaimed my charges from nationwide. I switched to Nat west, and ticked the box marked 'do you want to switch over all you direct debits and such like, transfer the balance and close the old account for you?' thinking that was that I went on with my life and ignored all the junk mail from Nationwide...That may have been a mistake....

Who would like to guess how much I owe them now, considering that a payment to aol went through after the financial horse had bolted, as it were, leaving the account 10 pounds overdrawn .....
    (The clue here is, I am not very happy, AOL aren't answering the phone, Nationwide say not our problem sunbeam, and Natwest said 'sorry, whats this got to do with us?')
    400 quid?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      400 quid?
      £341. near enough... And it's all my fault apparently... So much for saving up for some heating oil...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post

Out of interest mate, how did you get all of your charges back from nationwide? I have paid THOUSANDS to the barstewards at HSBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellington View Post
          Out of interest mate, how did you get all of your charges back from nationwide? I have paid THOUSANDS to the barstewards at HSBC.
          Have a look on the financial ombudsman service website. You wont get very far a t the moment, cos there is a high court case pending relating to the charges, but you can at least get the ball rolling. You can claim for the last 6 years. Moneysavingexpert is another good place to look. ( no links cos it's not that kind of a day, I might find em tomorrow, if nothing else explodes in my face...)
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

i have nothing but trouble with direct debits at the moment!...

some reason the bank cancelled them all... so unknown to me, none of my bills were paid...

got that bit sorted and set up the direct debits again... but because the bank had cancelled them, they block the "originator number"?? so none of them got paid.

so, got all that sorted and for some reason Vodafone and HFC keep phoning me to ask why i haven't paid... then when the check, it's cos they haven't sent a request for the money!!!

what a pain in the A$$!!!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Lloyds appealed and screwed it up ......... now they are fighting to stop the whole process

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...nd-449006.html
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
              X