roof racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roof racks

does anyone know if its possible to get full size roof rack that stretch to the back? Noticed the thule ones only install above the front and read passenger doors

I need full length ones.

cheers
    93, 3 Litre SSR-G Diesel
    My Mongol Charity Rally rig, 8000 miles of corrupt cops, bandits with guns, mountains, deserts and all for charity!

A fellow forum member who no longer is here had a set of roof bars fitted from a Laguna that stretched from front to back, the only difference to his Surf and yours is that his was the 2 door model. Dont know if the overall length of the two are much different.
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Hi, I have a 3rd Gen which has roof rails from back to passenger door. I have a set of Thule bars on that then I have a 3rd set of over door Thule bars above the drivers door. Works for me, I can get a 2metre roofbox up there.
      Depends what you need it for. I did see a thread a while ago about custom rack some guys were working on....try a search
      Good luck

Comment

The best I've seen is this:

http://www.elphick-pooley.co.uk/htm/...r.htm#roofrack
        If it ain't fun it ain't worth doing!

Comment

will the thule racks fit on the back half?? cannot see how it mounts?

(dont have a surf yet.. looking for one)

I need a big rack for expedtition gear, wheels, fuel etc etc, so need a decent size rack.

Edit: just read what he did and its not mounted as such.
          Last edited by TOC; 17 July 2008, 18:15.
          93, 3 Litre SSR-G Diesel
          My Mongol Charity Rally rig, 8000 miles of corrupt cops, bandits with guns, mountains, deserts and all for charity!

Comment

Originally posted by TOC View Post
            will the thule racks fit on the back half?? cannot see how it mounts?

(dont have a surf yet.. looking for one)

I need a big rack for expedtition gear, wheels, fuel etc etc, so need a decent size rack.

Edit: just read what he did and its not mounted as such.
            Correct; but that was his choice, you could always 'drill holes' like others have mentioned in other threads.
            If it ain't fun it ain't worth doing!

Comment

Hi - just seen this thread and all I can say is that it works. I've carried nearly 200kg on the roof on tar and track in East and Southern Africa - no problems whatsoever. The rack is actually clamped to the frame at six points - only the last two are "floating".
              @africa4x4cafe
              [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

There is a Safari style tray that pops up on ebay occasionally. It mounts at the back of the roof using clips over the back 2 doors, and clips that clip into the back windows area and onto the rear wiper.

I'm guessing that's the sort of thing you're after.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
                  There is a Safari style tray that pops up on ebay occasionally. It mounts at the back of the roof using clips over the back 2 doors, and clips that clip into the back windows area and onto the rear wiper.

I'm guessing that's the sort of thing you're after.
                  think that's the one mudsurfer outbid me on a month or two back, i've seen it or another one the same for sale 2 or 3 times in the last couple of years.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Working...
                  X