She failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She failed

the MOT today, just on both upper balljoints so not too bad.

I wasn't really surprised, the motorbike failed its MOT last weekend. In fact I've never in my life had a vehicle pass first time

Are the upper balljoints easy to change? they're on order from Milners and the MOT place will fit them for £40.00 but I could do with saving the cash if they're an easy fix.

Cheers

Chris
    Signature stolen along with Surf...

Originally posted by corsetts View Post
    the MOT today, just on both upper balljoints so not too bad.

I wasn't really surprised, the motorbike failed its MOT last weekend. In fact I've never in my life had a vehicle pass first time

Are the upper balljoints easy to change? they're on order from Milners and the MOT place will fit them for £40.00 but I could do with saving the cash if they're an easy fix.

Cheers

Chris
    easy if you got a balljoint splitter.you should be able to do each side in a max 30 mins.You may well need to get new bolts also if the new ball joints don't come with them,or you may be lucky enough to get the bj's off without damaging the bolts thats there
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers Richard, appreciated

I'll get some new bolts then just in case.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Got it through the MOT on the retest last night

Thanks again Richard

Got an advisory on a lower balljoint though, I've ordered it and its on its way as we're towing our caravan to Wales in a fortnights time.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Nice one Chris another year happy motoring
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Good for you!!!

I am a quivering wreck!!! Bought my Surf last Friday and its going in for an MOT on Monday! I have bugger all mechanical knowledge other than real basics, having discs and pads replaced today and I am hoping that will be it!!!!

Can't afford a big bill this month!!! (where's the nail chewing smiley when you need it?)

Comment

You'll be alright matey, the search button will reveal 90% of your questions and for the other 10%, there's Richard

Good luck for Monday

cheers

Chris

Comment

Working...
              X