Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front End

Hi All

Just replaced the rear springs for milners 20% stronger. The rear now sits at 13 inches from top of rim to the arch, the front measures 10.5 inches from top of rim to arch,can any adjustments be made to level the ride or do I require new prings on the front also?

This is a 1996 3rd gen

Cheers

Don't know about 3rd gens but on 2nd gens you just wind up the front torsion bars to level the truck.

No doubt a more experienced forum member will be along shortly to give you the full details.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      Don't know about 3rd gens but on 2nd gens you just wind up the front torsion bars to level the truck.

No doubt a more experienced forum member will be along shortly to give you the full details.

Thats wot i posted then saw it's a 3rd gen so deleted it, aint the 3rd's coil overs
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

no torsion bars on 3rd gen so you may have to replace front springs which i think sit on shocks
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

See, I knew someone would come along and correct me!

Comment

I was hoping there may be a way to adjust them. Looks like another £150 to Milners. Need to know the correct distance from rim to arch to see if coils are gone ?
            Read a post earlier which makes me think the shocks have had it as the truck feels every small bump in the road.

Cheers

Comment

EXPLORER do a 2" longer shocks & springs for the front
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Heres a link http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=180
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Advice needed as to what kit for the front end ?

Also just read the Milner 20% springs only have a short life 1 year so thinkining about doing a lift all round.

Any input welcome.

Comment

Where did you read Milners 20% springs only have years life in them? Mine have been on for over a year and they're still as new.

Mind you I've never had any heavy loads etc in the back but even monkey metal springs should last longer than a year!

Comment

Just read one or two posts on here which have slayted Milner springs, Have also read others who swear by Milners.
                        I always tend to look on the downside of every thing my cup is always half empty and not half full.

Comment

Working...
                        X