Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
    3.0 is deff more economical than a 2.4, especially when its in a 3 gen
    driving style has a big effect but the road has a bigger one, motorways and mine is into the high 20's to early 30's, locally and its down to the low 20's
    my old 2.4 did 21mpg at its best and 16 when towing or hoofing it
    i didnt really notice a lot of difference when booting the 2.4, but i did when on the motorway. but the 3.0, its like a racing car i had... if u drive sensible its ok, but boot it and it drinks!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

dieselboy i see ur not far from me at all. Banstead is only 5 mins from me. im in Tadworth. 10 mins south of sutton. used to live in sutton for a while also.
      anyway ive been researching biodiesel a lot recently and now thinking about buy a biodiesel processor! the Fuelpod 2! all in one jobby. heres the link to their web site. been featured on 5th gear ect. best all in one job on the market. saw another decent all in one job on ebay called the Biostart 80 which cost around £1750 and the Fuelpod 2 costing a tad over £3000. big difference but the Pod looks the nuts and comes with its own fuel pump for your car!.........incase ya interested? http://greenfuels.co.uk

Comment

heres a more direct link: http://http://greenfuels.co.uk/files...escription.pdf

Comment

there is no way im paying 3 grand, when all those thins are rip offs from what people make in their homes or gardens... unless im mistaken?

yea i used to drive through tadworth on the way to leatherhead when i worked there. i live in carshalton now, which is almost in slutton but far enough away, well almost.

just use straight brand new veg oil and see how you and your truck get on. then while thats happening, read up of the forum posts on how to construct your own basic filter system in your garden or garage etc.

in all honesty, if your spending £3000 on a filter system, does the cost outway the benefits? i dont think so somehow. i would rather spend the £3000 on diesel for years!
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

yeah understand where ur comming from m8.
            the main selling point about owning ur own processor is convience and time i guess.
            yes u can make a processor urself at home and do it that way. (which is great by the way) but by doing it this way will take u ages and ages. these kits (well some of them) are specially designed for the speed and ease of it all. to me its a great hobbie to have on the side (but as for making the kit myself well im just too lazy for that! lol) and in answer to ur question, yes the benifits outway the cost. cant remember the exact figure but by going by todays pump prices on dielsel and buying (i think the fuelpod 2) u will save roughly £2500 in the first year. basically earning ur money back in the first year. then onwards its almost free (depending on where u get ur used oil from) diesel for life. and how cool did that Fuelpod 2 look! imagine having ur very own professional looking pump in ur garage! i could make a full tanks worth every day for my surf and with the other 6 days of the week fill my mates cars up for a fee. bit on the side and cheap running for ur surf. to me sounds brilliant.
            lol look at me! acting like a sales man for biodiesel!
            anyway was only a suggestion m8.

personally i cant wait to be able to fill my families and mates cars up for free or a small fee and have them all jealous of me! lol

and EVERYONE calls it slutton......like its a bad thing??! haha. it has its uses if u r single! lol

Comment

hmmm, i am asking for the other forum members opinion on this.. especially apache, bushwacker, bogus etc, i think that making £2500 on the first year is a massage of the benefits...

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
              and EVERYONE calls it slutton......like its a bad thing??! haha. it has its uses if u r single! lol
              mate the ammount of girls who ive started to get with only to find out they have a bloke already is silly. i was seeing someone from cheam for a good few months and she wouldnt leave her bloke.... im not interested in anyone round here anymore. theyre all using, no good cheaters. even my mates birds are the same. ive even caught one of them getting with some random bloke in a club, and went i went to say hello, the bloke was going to fight me there n then until his mates pulled him off and he hit one of them instead.
              so i pulled the girl away anyway and we spoke for a bit and she was with us the rest of the night. but from that night on ive never spoken to her or her bloke again... im guessing she has said something to him for him not to speak to me cos me and him were fine until after then. and tbh i cant be bothered with the hastle. one day i might say something..

so there you go, an overview of slutton.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
              X