Back from Kazakhstan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Kazakhstan

Hi everyone, its been a good while since I last posted a message on the site. I moved on from a 2nd gen diesel surf in December for a petrol 3rd gen and converted to LPG. The change was motivated by trying to cut sosts. To be fair the LPG has worked fine, and due to rising fuel costs was in theory a good move. I am still only paying 49p a litre. Unfortunately it was probably not such a wise move as I changed jobs shortly after and use the car very little.

I have just come back from a trip Kazakhstan. The thing that stuck me was that apart from a few old Ladas still running around almost every car is a Landcruiser or a Surf, there are thousands of them. Whatever the government are trying to achieve with increasing car taxation to supposedly save the planet by removing so called gas guzzling 4x4s is a complete waste of time and effort. The Kazakhs don't seem to be taking much heed of global warming. That said it can get down to -40degC in the winter.

did u get any cultural learnings tho??lol,how much is a surf over there,3 goats??lolol

Comment

Not surprising really- Kazakhstan has some of the largest oil reserves on earth.

Comment

With all the oil, no doubt Russia will want it back.

Comment

so your the spammer from over there then ....
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

its the same in malta, the amount of twin cab hilux trucks i see... its like every 5th car, no joke. over hear, your lucky to see just one twin cab truck surf / hilux - and theyre the nicer ones!
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
            X