sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sounds

just paid £70 to have old radio unit taken out and new cd player put in, made a good job of it but, cd works radio dont ariel dont come up and only works on front speakers, he dont know why, at least ive got some sounds? oh dear more probs.

Originally posted by caney View Post
    just paid £70 to have old radio unit taken out and new cd player put in, made a good job of it but, cd works radio dont ariel dont come up and only works on front speakers, he dont know why, at least ive got some sounds? oh dear more probs.
    He's not wired it up right. Take it back and tell him to fix it.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

The rear speakers will work when the ariel goes up.Did the ariel work before the new radio was fitted,if not then the ariel is probably knackered
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        The rear speakers will work when the ariel goes up.Did the ariel work before the new radio was fitted,if not then the ariel is probably knackered
        yep, ariel worked fine, he said hes left wires easy to get at yer i know what to do not, my cd had a iso socket on it, i think hes not got adapter and played with wires he said he spent 4 hours on it,

Comment

yep, ariel worked fine, he said hes left wires easy to get at yer i know what to do not, my cd had a iso socket on it, i think hes not got adapter and played with wires he said he spent 4 hours on it,
          He's not wired it up right. Take it back and tell him to fix it.

Comment

Print this off, leave it on the front seat and get him to sort it out.

Note wires 'H' and 'I' need to be joined together to get the aerial to work when powering up the radio.
            http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Print this off, leave it on the front seat and get him to sort it out.

Note wires 'H' and 'I' need to be joined together to get the aerial to work when powering up the radio.
              http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf
              cheers bush, do they do it in brail, scarey a.

Comment

cheers bush, do they do it in brail, scarey a.
                Like I said; He's not wired it up right. Take it back and tell him to fix it.

And tell him to send some of his excessive (IMHO) fee to Vince for sorting out his cock-up...

Comment

I fitted a new Sony unit into The Sheddy 2nd Gen about 2 years ago - the rear speakers would only work when the radio was on - but not the cd or ipod.

There was a setting on the front of the unit that needed to be switched to get it to work.

The guy at Halfords was worse than useless, had to figure out the problem myself. Might be the same kind of problem because the adaptor loom is sort of universal.
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
                  X