Lack Of Acceleration. Problem Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack Of Acceleration. Problem Solved!

You may remember the post I did a while ago.................

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
    Okay it's not Surf related but I've had a lot of help from you guys in the past with tracking down faults.

My BMW (please no nasty comments, remember I DO own a Surf as well) 320D has become as flat as the proverbial fart! It doesn't seem to accelerate very well in high gears i.e. it can be tootling along nicely at 50mph on a flat road but when you put your foot down hard it just sits there, still at 50. Gradual acceleration will build up speed okay.

It also doesn't seem to want to rev above 3500 when it's driving, it's not possible to 'red line' it, which I certainly wouldn't do normally!

It starts and drives okay, no lumpiness, no misfiring and no black smoke, just flat! I have my suspicions of what it might be but I would hate to fork out £200 just to be proved wrong.

Your input is, as always, greatly appreciated.
    Well, Ta Da! All fixed, took it to a great diagnostic guy who found that the diaphram on the breather (that has someting to do with the turbo) was split. Once he replaced that he obtained a better diagnostic report that showed the MAF sensor was not operating.

One new MAF sensor, one new air filter, one new diaphram, diagnostic and labour, £261 all in. The car is now running better than when I first bought it, I cannot believe what a difference this has made. I'm now one happy bunny!

Thanks for all your replies to my earlier question.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

hmmmm now who was it that suggested maf sensor?....................... ...........

Comment

Working...
    X