Bargain!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargain!!!!

We have a thing called 'Freecycle' round here, an internet site where people give away stuff they dont want.

Today, I went to pick up a pair of speakers someone didn't want. Just to elucidate, its a pair of these... (these ones just finished on eBay)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acoustic-Energ...3286.m14.l1318

Mine have perished speaker surrounds, but I can get repair kits from Holland for £7 a pair!

Woohoo!!! Result!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Nice one Apache!

Theres freecycle worldwide i think, certainly all around the UK http://www.freecycle.org/ I've got a few nice bits and given away some things which had been cluttering up the place.

I even remember a Hilux Bench seat going just before I became indoctrinated in the way of the Surf

Comment

They're not the ones Slugman sold are they?

Comment

Yeah, I've given a load of stuff away in the last year, and this is only the second thing I've got from there, but WHAT a thing!!! The other stuff I got was a pair of Leak Sandwich speakers and a pair of Leak Stereo 20 amps (from the late 60's). I'm in the process of refurbishing them)

I did try for a pair of Spendor BC1's a while back (another classic pair of british loudspeakers) but someone beat me to it.

<edit>

Just found a review from an american magazine of the current version of the speakers... check out the price!!!

Conclusion
        At $6690/pair including the excellent stands, Acoustic Energy's AE2 Signature is not intended for those who have to account for every penny. However, it is both a superb-sounding loudspeaker and a superb-looking piece of furniture. It performs equally well on rock and classical musics, and offers a more dynamic sound than the even more expensive B&W Silver Signature. If, like me, you're stuck with a relatively small room, the Signature edition of the AE2 might be all the speaker you're likely to need.

Last edited by Apache; 8 July 2008, 23:08.

Comment

Nice one.

The site is a realy good idea,
          If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Hey Apache let me know if u buy the Dutch repair kit as I am going Holland in the next couple weeks so I cud take them back for u...
            Unless the postage is not a lot...
            One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Already done mate, but thanks for the offer. Not too bad at £7 for two sets!

Comment

Working...
              X