Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It'll be push-bikes next!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7494495.stm

good old boris, now all we got to do is stop the idiots talking about ression, as its speculation that is causeing the problem in the first place, get the PM to reduce fuel duty by half, and we might be ok
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Erm, I was referring to the plan that allows small low emissions cars into the congestion zone, free. Now they have to pay. He'll charge cyclists next.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Erm, I was referring to the plan that allows small low emissions cars into the congestion zone, free. Now they have to pay. He'll charge cyclists next.

As the article says, and quotes the blond one - the congestion charge is about controlling congestion, not pollution.

The proposal was to charge higher-emission vehicles more (a lot more) while charging the lowest emission vehicles nothing, thus penalising those who can't afford to change their vehicle, and encouraging more small vehicles into the city, which would INCREASE congestion, and hence pollution.

Don't matter how low-emission a car is, if it's stuck in a jam, it's wasting fuel and pumping out pollution to no good purpose.
        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

London will be like Oxford, full of bikes.

Comment

It already is. I seem to be in a convoy of about 20 every time I ride into work.

Comment

You ought to have seen knocking off time at the HM Dockyard in pompy years ago, it was like a tidal wave of bikes, before everyone had a car, it would have only taken one of em to fall off to bring down the rest,
              it'd be like a bunch of paperclips, you'd never get em apart,
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Or those poxy wire coat-hangers

Comment

why has oxford got a red light district aswell then?

Comment

Working...
                  X