I found..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found..

...this thread http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...hlight=exhaust and i was wondering, theres a few of you who said you who said you going to try it. Also a few were worried about after effects such as extra heat. I was wondering if any body experienced problems after turning up the pump or was it all happy surfing? Many thanx to all
    Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

Was it really that long ago that we all tried to get more power from our wagons.

Yep I did it and then forgot, up until February the truck was my daily driver clocking up 200 miles every ten days without fault. Recently she did the long haul holiday run to Scotland and back (on the way up I think she might have been slightly overloaded, the trailer was) which was about 1500 miles without fault, or increased engine temp.

So in all very little gain, with no sign of ill effect.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
      Was it really that long ago that we all tried to get more power from our wagons.

Yep I did it and then forgot, up until February the truck was my daily driver clocking up 200 miles every ten days without fault. Recently she did the long haul holiday run to Scotland and back (on the way up I think she might have been slightly overloaded, the trailer was) which was about 1500 miles without fault, or increased engine temp.

So in all very little gain, with no sign of ill effect.
      Thanx thats just what i wanted to hear
      Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

Comment

The question you should have asked is

Knowing what you know now, would you do it?
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

The answer is

No, in my opinion it ain't worth it.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Have to aggree, it seamed to go a bit quicker at the time but prob wishfull thinking, no ill effects tho, only turned mine up about 5-6 clicks,
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
            X