some IT help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some IT help please

Been having probs with my broadband slowing down as I use it, can take 2 or 3 mins to turn a web page over and emails are very slow, sometimes, I can't get back to the home page without logging out and starting again, have had to use ctrl/alt/delete a couple of times. TalkTalk don't seem interested in this problem. Micro filters on all phones and new out side BT cables. Any ideas??
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Have you cleared your cookies recently or defragmented your computer?

Comment

Yep no crumbs and as tidy as a nuns draws

Comment

I used to have problems when i was with BT had to turn the hub off for 10 minutes and start again.

Are you running it wireless or via a cable?

If wireless may be too far away from hub or too many walls etc blocking signal!

Mine is sometimes slow when i first turn it on as McAffe doing system scan.

I am sorry that as far as my knowledge goes.

Comment

Are you using wireless broadband? Is your WEP key installed on your router to secure your connection if not someone else could be using your connection.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Using a secured wireless hub, next to PC and it's hard wired, been on tonight and it's getting even slower!!!!! PC been switched on since 4pm today. only been a problem for the last 2/3 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
              Using a secured wireless hub, next to PC and it's hard wired, been on tonight and it's getting even slower!!!!! PC been switched on since 4pm today. only been a problem for the last 2/3 weeks

- Clear all temporary internet files
              - Make sure your anti-virus engines are up-to-date (you could have a virus)
              -check your anti-virus engine is not scanning whilst browsing

Check the speed of your connection:
              - use www.speedtest.net
              - go into command prompt and type tracert www.microsoft.com
              look at the speeds in milliseconds of the responses your getting from each router your communication is proceeding through to the destination address

whilst at the command prompt flush all the cached dns and let all the domain name cache be rebuilt:
              - type in ipconfig/flushdns

Check the Channel range you using on the wireless router, there could be someone else with a standard router configured and using the same setting which could interfere with your access
              Last edited by Gizmo; 7 July 2008, 15:23.
              Gaz

Comment

What make and how old is the modem?

I started to have loads of problems with broadband a while ago, pages freezing, unable to load etc. Changed my modem and all is fine now.
                My other cars a QUAD
                (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

WOW!!! thanks Gismo, will give it a try.
                  sv1000 It's a buffalo G54 and 6 months old.

thanks guys,

Comment

Working...
                  X