Fancy a Bio making kit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancy a Bio making kit ?

Seen this, perhaps a job for Mattf to take a butchers at!!!

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

gotta love the instructions trev,everything you need to make bio........................... ..................... including a safety certificate !!
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Just been reading the info on that site about the system:

A heating unit warms the oil to the required temperature, taking about 1 hour for a full 160 litre load. It will not overheat.

An electric pump circulates the oil while it is heated and during the processing.

When the oil is heated, methanol and caustic soda are added according to the instructions provided and mixed, using the pump, until the process is complete.
      Fair enough. Basic and straight forward and possibly a bit too simplistic, but we get the gist.......................... ....

But........................., what the chuff happened to the whole section/process that goes between the above and the bit below?

The pump has a two way valve, with an outlet for pumping the bio diesel out into your waiting containers - a short length of hose will suffice.

Comment

Looks a bit like a central heating pump, an element from an immersion heater, a few bits of pipe and some instructions....Oh and an oil drum
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
          Looks a bit like a central heating pump, an element from an immersion heater, a few bits of pipe and some instructions....Oh and an oil drum
          Sounds about right. Probably about £100 - £150? worth of kit if you bought it all from a bog standard DIY place brand new. A proper merchants would be cheaper. Used drums you can get hold of easily enough too.

Comment

the one thing that they forget to tell you is the amount of electric you will use heating up that amount of oil from cold,
            the old electric meter will run itself stupid for hours on end,
            your electric bill will soon rise through the roof,

Comment

i just picked up my first 60ltrs of wvo wahey!!,but all i can get is a solid 200ltr drum,one with lift off top would be soooooooo handy

Comment

This system is the same as my neighbours . He made his for a total of £40 ish . The electric meter does run up a little useing the heating element but after all the other stuff he adds like caustic soda , he stll works out his waste cooking oil , which comes from many unknown sources as it is free to him , still only costs him 19p a litre to produce .
                His garage does stink and if the wind blows the smell in our house is gross.
                Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                X