F****** Toyota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F****** Toyota

Had a long chat with a man in the toyota parts department about the fuel PRIMER for my first gen (note the word PRIMER) explained my problem gave him part numbers from the epc and the part number on the PRIMER.

Had to send my old dear over to get it WITH THE BROKEN PART for identification as melons and myself are at work...........

HE SOLD HER A FUEL FILTER The W*****................

now having to figure a way to bodge a 2nd gen one in .......as he now wants £160 for the PRIMER that i asked for originally

' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Can you not use the entire assembly from the 2nd gen, including the mounting bracketry? Would be fairly easy to fit that lot to the bulkhead surely?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Can you not use the entire assembly from the 2nd gen, including the mounting bracketry? Would be fairly easy to fit that lot to the bulkhead surely?
      it's all pretty much the same it's just a matter of extending and protecting fuel lines as the pipes on the primer go in different directions ......it would have been nice to have a primer that worked as the 2nd gen one doesn't prime , at least it doesn't suck in air.........

Oh and i need to get some fuel pipe that i wouldn't have needed ......off to the local motorfactors after work tomorrow......
      Last edited by BioHazard; 3 July 2008, 16:33.

Comment

Can't you just grab one of those after market Ford types you can get from factors? They have options for mounting lines in any direction. They do use a smaller filter, however, and obviously have no connection for the water sensor.

Comment

Bodging it is not a problem .......it's the idiot at toyota that mislead me and even gave me a price for a primer that turned out to be a expencive fuel filter .........

Am i expecting too much from a main dealer ..........

Oh and sorry for the rant ........I just want my truck on the road

Comment

If I wasn't off to Scottyland in the Morning I'd try somefink else Ian.
            Try these people Bennetts Tel No 01923 238523 ask for John or Bob.
            Tell em Jess sent ya, n explain the issue
            Good Luck
            Jess

There's always a payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks jess ............i have the 2nd gen one on now and need a bit of fuel hose and i am sorted ........

will look into your contact though incase this one goes

Have fun up north ........are you visiting highlander again while your up there

Comment

Well the truck runs again ....have modded a 2nd gen one to do the job

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                  Thanks jess are you visiting highlander again while your up there
                  Afraid not this time Ian just for the Weekend, but gotta visit Clog again n hope to visit Smiffy n Highlander on next Trip up ....
                  Truck never missed a beat on the way up or back down ....

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                  X