Diagnostic program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnostic program

I was just over at a friend's place and he was tuning his tiburon and he had a laptop monitoring his engine parameters. Everything displayed real time.
    Something like this

Does anyone have any experience with these? I have a feeling it would be a great program to have in a Pocket PC (which is an option) and throw it in the glove box constantly recording parameters. or when on long trecks, or when towing, it would be good to monitor all engine parameters.

Any thoughts?

Here's some screen shots from the website:

Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

No one?

Any thoughts on whether it would work or not?

Comment

I think you will find the 2nd gen surfs don't have the diagnostics set up for that, but the 3rd gens should.

Trev
      Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 4 July 2008, 18:22.
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
        I think you will find the 3nd gen surfs don't have the diagnostics set up for that, but the 3rd gens should.

Trev
        Hahahaha!! BUSTED again!

Comment

I think you will find the 3nd gen surfs don't have the diagnostics set up for that, but the 3rd gens should.

Trev
          Me thinks you are trying to hard to live up to your avatar

Comment

Edited, I'll keep the avatar for another week - you buggas knew what I meant !!
            Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 4 July 2008, 19:41.

Comment

Edited, I'll keep the avatar for another week - you buggas new what I meant !!
              New what?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                New what?
                New name for the Panda

Squirrile !!!

Comment

I'm confused...

I currently don't own a Surf, but I do want to buy one, and I was thinking that having this diagnostic tool with me when I have a once over on the vehicle could be helpful... altho I'm not sure what I'd be looking for... just faults I guess!

So please, I dont know if you guys are just dicking around here or what?

Comment

Originally posted by joedude View Post
                    I'm confused...

I currently don't own a Surf, but I do want to buy one, and I was thinking that having this diagnostic tool with me when I have a once over on the vehicle could be helpful... altho I'm not sure what I'd be looking for... just faults I guess!

The 93 model which is a 2nd gen will most likely not have the correct socket for that program, I think you will be looking for a 3rd gen which came out roughly 96 = if the tailgate lifts to open it should have it.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by joedude View Post
                      I'm confused...

They're always dicking about. Seriously though, common sense and just good visual and driving checks should be more than enough.

That monitor thing has it's place. This ain't it, however. For what you're thinking, it's in roughly the same type of category as checking how long a turd is. Amusing, but pretty pointless nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                        They're always dicking about. Seriously though, common sense and just good visual and driving checks should be more than enough.

That monitor thing has it's place. This ain't it, however. For what you're thinking, it's in roughly the same type of category as checking how long a turd is. Amusing, but pretty pointless nonetheless.

some of us make a good living doing that sort of thing
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                        X