Sealant - around mudflaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealant - around mudflaps

Just changed the rear chrome end cap on my Hilux and need to reseal between the mudflap and the panel itself, there was like a black sealant on there, anyone know which I should use ? and not bluetak =)

anyone thats black and sticky will be fine. i used some recently for the wheelarch seal - it wass some kind of external grade stuff.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

i would go for a roof & gutter sealant, it's meant to be for external use and it's butyl/rubber based rather than silicon + it's available in a choice of colours, normally black, white, brown or grey.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
        i would go for a roof & gutter sealant, it's meant to be for external use and it's butyl/rubber based rather than silicon + it's available in a choice of colours, normally black, white, brown or grey.
        thats the stuff
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

If you clean and prep both surfaces first the Arboseal is excellent stuff that stays pliable and keeps the water out.

It comes on a roll and is easily shaped to suit most applications, also excellent for plugging any holes in your bulkhead prior to wading the truck in water.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
            If you clean and prep both surfaces first the Arboseal is excellent stuff that stays pliable and keeps the water out.

It comes on a roll and is easily shaped to suit most applications, also excellent for plugging any holes in your bulkhead prior to wading the truck in water.
            How soon can I expect a few rolls to appear in the garage????
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              How soon can I expect a few rolls to appear in the garage????
              I have some ready to come home soon.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
              X