Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Gizmo To The Ecu

HI ALL
    What do you think of the electronic gizmo which Quentin Wilson fitted to his landrover and helped to bring up mileage from 23mpg to 30mpg.
    It is supposed to control your ecu hence gives you more mpg up to 8 -15% better fuel consumption.
    It was on the tonight programme on Monday 30th June 2008.
    The only drawback is that the gizmo cost up to £300 including fitting. Do you think this is worth doing?

According to the program you need to travel at least 18000 miles before it starts paying back the cost. If you do high annual mileage, then it might be worth looking at. Mine does around 3.5K per year, so although it looked good I certainly wouldn't want to fit one for that cost.
    Mike G

Comment

There's a much cheaper way, pump your tyres up harder.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

There is another way that is guaranteed to save you 50% on your fuel cost!

Thats right reduce your fuel consumption by 50%

Its simple and its free!

Can you guess?

Only drive, half your mileage.
        Take the bus instead

What a load of Boll*cks

If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          and then get uneven wear on them?

Comment

Electronic Gizmo

I just thought it sounded a good idea at the time as i am not quite sure i want to put foreign liquids in my tank in order to save a bit of money.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
              and then get uneven wear on them?
              No shit Sherlock!

Comment

Originally posted by REBEL View Post
                I just thought it sounded a good idea at the time as i am not quite sure i want to put foreign liquids in my tank in order to save a bit of money.
                They all fall into the same catagory: Gizmos, gadgets, snake oils, Bobbox etc...
                The Surfs ECU was set for maximum economy/performance when it left the factory. The only way to get more MPG is to drive it with broken glass inside your right shoe.

Comment

Fit polystyrene wheels, as narrow as possible, and sharpen the front of the truck to a point.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

OR

Make a carbon fibre cheese wedge and attach that to the front......

Oh, and empty the truck before you drive of all the crap you don't need in it......
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

or read terry syd's rather interesting thread on the aussie site about "fooling" the ecu and pump into not delivering the boost of fuel at turbo time
                      (i tried and its fine around town but it turns your rather slow 2.4 into a rather slower 2.4,but it did return 21.1 to the gallon instead of 19....which was fine)
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Most, (if not all), gadgets, gizmo's and additives are either complete and utter bunkum, or will never recoup their cost within a reasonable timeframe. Careful driving technique will give you far better MPG increases than any additions.

Comment

Working...
                        X