pssssssttttt...I'm leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pssssssttttt...I'm leaking

Well not anymore, my n/s front wasn't holding air so I went to the tyre fitters (good lads, not the useless type) and they took the tyre away from front bead on wheel to discover some hardpacked dirt and grit on the inner rim. A good clean and some bead seal and the jobs a good un.

Worth considering if you have been offroading and noticed air loss in any of your tires.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
    Well not anymore, my n/s front wasn't holding air so I went to the tyre fitters (good lads, not the useless type) and they took the tyre away from front bead on wheel to discover some hardpacked dirt and grit on the inner rim. A good clean and some bead seal and the jobs a good un.

Worth considering if you have been offroading and noticed air loss in any of your tires.
    done that myself after tyre fitter said it needed a tube
    btw i didn't use bead seal
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Bead seal was probably overkill as rim was in A1 condition. Just needed the crud removed.
      Alan

Comment

All four on mine on the last outing tee hee hee

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
          All four on mine on the last outing tee hee hee
          I was talking to Brian about that, we reckon thats exactly what happened, soft under pressure tires plus mud and grit.
          Alan

Comment

pssssssttttt...I'm leaking,
            i had a wheel doin that dam nails but a self tapper screw later n all is well,
            well till i get chance to sort it out propper

(only bin 4weeks) thats why i only dordle along, saves fuel to

Comment

Working...
            X