• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arse, I got a red one

no, not 'i got a red arse' - 'arse, i got a red MOT sheet'

Measurements
    Brakes Failures: DBT Park Brake Efficiency: 0%

Reasons for refusal of a Test Certificate

001 Exhaust emits an excessive level of metered smoke for a turbo charged engine

002 Nearside front position lamp(s) incorrect colour

003 Offside front position lamp(s) incorrect colour

004 Parking brake lever has no reserve travel

005 Parking brake efficiency below requirements
    Arse, maybe i should use the handbrake more? Any tips on getting the emissions down (other than the obvious warm engine, redex, EGR etc...), any value in putting it through on veg as it's not an emissions test as such on diesels is it? isn't it a smoke density test, if anything my last one was smokier on veg, just that the smoke wasn't so black and smelt nicer.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Redex, thrash and some clean VO. Should sort the emissions. Handbrake you already know the answer to. It's there for a very good reason, so darned well use it in future.

Comment

it's gone green...

swapped the sidelight bulbs back to normal incandescent candle jobbies that are about as useful as a pair of candles taped to the bull bars would be.

i had to get under the surf today and tighten the handbrake cable, a few turns on the adjuster underneath, where it splits off to each rear wheel...

... then had to go back under there to wind it back a couple of turns so the handbrake would actually release

Ran it down to the fuel light then put in £15 of diesel and 20l of veg last week. Went to give it a thrashing up to tescos and throw in a couple of bottles of their £3 a bottle redex copy before the test but the traffic was a nightmare so hardly got to warm it up, dived into halfords instead for a bottle of comma diesel magic and chucked that in then a quick blast up and down the dual carriageway.

It could have been a different car on the emissions, last time round the oil temp was at 84 Deg C and the readings went 9.70 , 6.50 , 8.10 , 3.66 , 6.92 , 2.90. This time round oil temp was 83 Deg C and it went 3.96 , 5.21 , 2.56 , 1.30 , 1.38 the only real difference being the veg as it had a new fuel filter about 2 or 3 weeks ago filled with redex, so i can't believe another dose in the tank minutes before the test made much difference. It's been a b'stard to start on the 70/30 veg mix though, so i'm going back to DERV until i get a new pump sorted. (for those that forgot, my fuel pump doesn't seem to be leaking diesel since replacing the seals, but it still seems to allow air in when turned off, so it doesn't exactly start brilliantly on diesel, let alone veg)

Anyway, here's to another years surfing!!
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

you passed !!!!1!
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
        X