BFGs on the truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFGs on the truck

Got my ATs fitted this morning (I'll post up the details of the guy who did it later - great chap) and I'll say one thing.

I will NEVER EVER go back to muds for the road! Swapping back to ATs for the first time in about 3 years has been a revelation (as expected). The truck feels like a big car now, rolls easier, needs less throttle etc.

I'll keep the muds for boggy conditions, but the ATs will be staying on for 90% of the time. They are sooooo much nicer, and will get me everywhere the Mudzillas did regarding laning.

Money very well spent!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

www.overfab.uk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        nice pics,but what does my mother in law and her equally ugly sisters got to do with it !
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Stein said it was worthless without pigs...

Anyway...

Comment

i know what you mean andy , when i bought my turd gen it had b/duelers road tyres on it ,
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I swap on the Hi-lux, BFG A/T's normally and these for offroading

The muds are very loud and not very nice on the road at all, but far better off the road than the A/T's IMO.

Now if you buy expensive muds like BFG M/Ts you get the best of both worlds
              I Love Wales

Comment

TBH I dont come across deep mud / boggy conditions very often. I dont do pay and play, and have never found a lane that wasn't passable on ATs (and you have to question whether you should be driving it if its so soft you're ripping it up) so I doubt the muds will get much use.

They look great on the truck, and the tyre roar gives small children plenty of warning to point and shout though.

I expect my fuel economy is gonna be significantly better on these though. On the way home this morning I kept having to take my foot off the gas. Not having to use anything like as much throttle to maintain a speed. That was the biggest surprise!

Mind you, Mudzillas are a very agressive pattern, and the amount of noise is a good indication of the amount of drag.

Comment

I guess, most importantly, the truck still looks equally as cool. D:
                  Tell me if I'm wrong, it the only way I'll learn

Comment

TBH I dont come across deep mud / boggy conditions very often. I dont do pay and play, and have never found a lane that wasn't passable on ATs (and you have to question whether you should be driving it if its so soft you're ripping it up) so I doubt the muds will get much use.
                    You're right really, I have gone past the stage of playing in the mud (It breaks the truck also) and now love the sort of thing we do in Wales.

Anyway, I better pack my rope if you're running on A/T's on the next Wales trip
                    I Love Wales

Comment

Mudsurfer ran the last Wales weekend on BFGs in two wheel drive!

Mud tyres are for pussies!

Comment

I hope you live to regret saying that
                        I Love Wales

Comment

Comment

just saving this in my
                            "things apache said when he was sober" file
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Wait til i'm drunk!

Nah, the muds might come in useful for hooligan moments, or to make the truck look good, but they are deffo the wrong choice for something that is a daily driver as well as a plaything.

I cant live with something that would be worn out in 10'000 miles (the wear rate of the Mudzillas is totally stupid - very soft compound). The BFGs will go much much further than that, be a much much nicer drive, and save me some cash in fuel.

Comment

Working...
                              X