No announcement yet.

I Hate Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco is still tops for staples like bog rolls and beef etc.. It's a hit-or-miss for some other stuff, unless you do your homework.

I still buy watches at Costco for £40 (ish) and can sell them on Amazon for a good profit. Need to do the research though...
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
      i bought 2 brand new mountain bikes today,18 speed,full size,years warranty,from local car motor accesory shop 140 for both
      But as always, you get what you pay for.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

we bought ours from here....

http://www.sterlinghouse.co.uk/cats.php?curcatgrp=1

Both have full suspension, mine has disc brakes font and rear, both for 160 quid delivered.

Comment

i tried selling my computer games on amazon, but you have to be "approved seller" or something... i gave up!!

lost money selling on ebay cos of the charges!!

but some bloke got some bargain disco lights off me!!... about £500 worth for £88!!!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with Ebay. It was and still is a great concept, enabling people to sell unwanted items to a wider audience, enabling people to find that elusive bargain. Whats wrong is the people who abuse it. It simply reflects society. Its now OK to cheat to get what you want, and thats what sniping programmes allow you to do. Theres seems to be no moral compass in society in general. Cheating has become the norm, its acceptable nowadays to cheat to win, or to get what you want. Its just another indication that society is changing for the worse. Its the ME ME ME society at work. I want it so I will have it, and I dont mind cheating to get it. In fact I,ll teach my kids to cheat too, scruples? morals ? they just get in my way.
            What happens when the playing field is level again and everyone is cheating ? Do we resort to the knife or the gun to get what we want ? Well, news alert !! More and more people are doing that already apparently. I know that all the cheats will have their arguments and their justifications, but there really arent any. Society is morally bankrupt, cheating is widespread and accepted, and because of that lack of morals, Ebay is broken
            The morally bankrupt broke it. The cheats.

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

Wow!

That's a rant I'd be proud to have written!

Have to say I am in total agreement though. Kids have no concept of the value of money, or (generalisation) the work you need to do to get it.

This is not new, and the generation who grew up with this outlook are now having kids of their own who are growing up with the same views.

"Life owes me! Give it to me NOW!!!"

I'm proud of the fact that I've worked for everything I've got. I've never asked my parents or 'society' for anything. I dont have a great deal, but what I do have is all mine, and not funded by someone else.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                I don't need veg oil Tools are just as cheap from Screwfix/Machinemart and they are both on my doorstep. (Newport/Cardiff) Costco is in Bristol, plus I'd have to pay a fiver to get back into Wales!!
                New Costco opening in Cardiff (Jnc 33 I think) next door to the new ASDA
                Onwards Binky

Comment

Am I missing something here ?

There's essentially no difference betwen using a sniping programme and doing what I do - wait until the last minute of the auction and fire in a bid at the maximum I'm willing to pay. This avoids the seller running a shill to see what you're willing to pay and boosting the price. It's down to luck whether you beat the snipers or not.

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    Wow!

That's a rant I'd be proud to have written!

Have to say I am in total agreement though. Kids have no concept of the value of money, or (generalisation) the work you need to do to get it.

This is not new, and the generation who grew up with this outlook are now having kids of their own who are growing up with the same views.

"Life owes me! Give it to me NOW!!!"

I'm proud of the fact that I've worked for everything I've got. I've never asked my parents or 'society' for anything. I dont have a great deal, but what I do have is all mine, and not funded by someone else.
                    Me too!
                    It's all mine, worked or paid for by me, and Gordon is getting feck all!

Comment

Working...
                    X