Chicken welfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken welfare

I know lots don't care, but for those that do.......

http://www.ciwf.org.uk/home/news-tes...e-action.shtml

If only so Joker has more lively fowl encounters, an ill, mistreated chicken is poor lay.....(sic!)
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Trust TESCO to vote that way.......i bet there was Fowl play
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

We never buy them CHEAP chickens after watching Hugh Fearnlys program. In my opinion you cant beat free range pigeon ! very under rated meat yummy.

Comment

Why are Salmon more important than chickens? There's all sorts of standards for salmon farming....
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

well iam bothered about any living things wellfair
          and i think we all should be

we eat them they need to be heathy at least or given the best life they can have

after all the goodness in meat for us depends on how well the creature is

protine is just DNA think about it? if there is somthing wrong with what we eat it will efect us directly

or ya can just carry on feeding ya love ones with crap

i helped to clean up CJD was it ever made public where it came from?
          i was never told if it was or not? i was told where
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Hugh's program has impacted our purchasing patterns considerably... We are very lucky to have a very good organic farm shop very near us that fully supports all the current animal welfare programs. Thanks to Hugh and Jamie's efforts, we are all eating much better now. The kids now take much more interest in whats on their plate and where it comes from, and how it gets there.

As a result of the various meats having much more flavour, they are also eating whats on their plates, rather than pushing it about... so everyone's a winner... (you know how finnickey 4 and 5 year olds can be...)

End result is, if Tesco deson't want to listen to the majority of their shareholders, and customers... its quite simple. They will all vote with their feet and go elsewhere. Why involve them in the vote in the first place, if they choose to manipulate the vote by making it impossible to execise their own choice, rather than the outcome they wanted.

Comment

Theres some nasty stuff on youtube but im not going to post a link its sick
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Don't particularly like HFW and I do think Jamie is a knob, HOWEVER I do take their side on this issue! HFW has done a lot to raise awareness about this and a lot of people are starting to think about what they buy, and have changed their habits - we have for a start. Unfortunately the outcome of this action was always gonna be against him, but good for him anyway,

Cheers, Nick
                "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
                X