Why do CV boots split?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
    .....check with nero as he a a working copy of the epc and will be able o help with exact part no's ....[/SIZE]
    remind me in the morning, it's late and i'm bound to screw it up if i try now, don't think i should have decided to do them wheel calculations at 1.00AM when i've been up since 6.30AM, just about fried me brain i think!

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
    ....and compassions
    ooh err missus
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Smiffy, I suggest you get some stickers for ASBO, that'll sort your CV probs.

OK, well it wont, but manual hubs will - for a fair while. AND they are cool!
      Andy,i can see how that would help right enough. Stickers on ASBO = self healing CV boots. Wonder if they have that on yotatech website as well!!!!!

I'll order some stickers tonight once i finish work,might go camo on the Jimny. So donr know if the lettering would be better on white?????????

I'll ponder over that today while i'm at work...............

Tony,you got and of these fancy shmancy free wheelie thingys?????????
      www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally Posted by BioHazard
        ....and compassions

You lot know how bad my spelling is ..........oh and it was late,slightly tipsy and i could not be bothered to find that book that helps spell words and begins with D
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Could be wrong here but if you have BJ spacers would a diff drop kit not sort the angles of the CV`s??

Comment

Diff drops will reduce it but why drop the diff kind of defeats the purpose of lifting it.
            Manual hubs are the way to go
            Brian

Comment

[QUOTE=smiffy;463676]

I'll order some stickers tonight once i finish work,might go camo on the Jimny. So donr know if the lettering would be better on white?????????
              QUOTE]

I'd say black on camo for the low visibility look popular on the thoroughly modern gent's troop transport.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

OK, just had a blast through the EPC, and the front end hubs drive bits and pieces and whatever, seem to match up between LN130 or VZN130 2nd gen surfs and YN61 or LN61 IFS 1st gens and also to LN107 (91-97 doublecab IFS import) pickups, what i'm having trouble linking in by part numbers on the EPC is the KZN130, although i would've though that would be the most obvious link from an LN130 it's the only one i can't get and although i suspect FWH for any of the above will also fit KZN130s i can't make that link on the EPC.

I'm sure someone on here will actually be able to say for sure that LN130 (and hence hopefully all the above) free wheeling hubs also fit KZN130 surfs.

The links definately there, but not quite as clear as i'd like it to be. My incling is that freewheeling hubs for any of the above will fit, but that UK IFS pickup free wheeling hubs will not.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                  OK, just had a blast through the EPC, and the front end hubs drive bits and pieces and whatever, seem to match up between LN130 or VZN130 2nd gen surfs and YN61 or LN61 IFS 1st gens and also to LN107 (91-97 doublecab IFS import) pickups, what i'm having trouble linking in by part numbers on the EPC is the KZN130, although i would've though that would be the most obvious link from an LN130 it's the only one i can't get and although i suspect FWH for any of the above will also fit KZN130s i can't make that link on the EPC.

I'm sure someone on here will actually be able to say for sure that LN130 (and hence hopefully all the above) free wheeling hubs also fit KZN130 surfs.

The links definately there, but not quite as clear as i'd like it to be. My incling is that freewheeling hubs for any of the above will fit, but that UK IFS pickup free wheeling hubs will not.
                  I'm not baffled at all.

anyone else?
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

It's clear as mud if you ask me
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

I was just being cheeky Ian, I can hammer stuff, bend, fabricate and make shit, I get lost with EPC's and part numbers.
                      Alan

Comment

If it fits the LN130 it will fit the KZN130 as the diagrams i got off of toyota show that the ifs setup and the hubs are the same
                        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

AAWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwww. Just checked under the Surf after being out for a wee play and both boots are knackered!!!!!!!!

Its only happening when i off road it,need to hatch a master plan to get it sorted out.

Comment

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV2z3vZJ

On the drawing above the top diagram shows where 6 nuts have to be removed to drop the shaft. Could i use longer bolts and use a few washers to space it out a bit to stop the shaft/tripod joint coming out to far. think thats whats been riping the cv boot????

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy View Post

On the drawing above the top diagram shows where 6 nuts have to be removed to drop the shaft. Could i use longer bolts and use a few washers to space it out a bit to stop the shaft/tripod joint coming out to far. think thats whats been riping the cv boot????
                              mmm, dunno about that mate, I can't remember if the flange has a flat face or not, if it is profiled I wouldn't fit longer bolts.
                              Alan

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy View Post

1. No

2. It's the angle that's ripping boots come down Friday Night and we can get them changed so you can play Sat.
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X