KTC oil pourer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pedrot View Post
    a tap adaptor? isn't the opening too big for that? or do u mean drill hole through lid and glue it
    The adaptor is in two parts, one screws into the other. Drill hole in lid and screw the white part into the yellow part with the lid like a washer in between. Go and look at the hozelock bits in Focus or whatever. You'll see what I mean.

PS - I've never seen so many overcomplicated ways of doing something very simple as I have in this thread.
    Last edited by Apache; 26 June 2008, 07:54.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I use the same oil from makro.

Take bottle out of carton for starters.

I had an old funnel kicking about the garage - one with the flexi/concertina hose on. I cut off the flexi bit - then cut a circular hole in the cap of one of the bottles the same size as the diameter of the flexi bit. glued them together with araldite. now i simply open a new bootle of oil - screw on my flexi hose and pour - no mess. You can if you wish slit a hole in the top of the bottle prior to pouring to equalize the pressure and pour the whole 20 litres in about 10 seconds. I have had this arrangement for over two years now and fill up once a week - never missed the hole - or spilt oil on drive/car.
      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

I tend to use the 15 or 10ltr KTC plastic bottles. They're not that flimsy, so you can take them out of the cardboard if you want to, and in fact for proper recycling you should be doing that anyway.

I have a large funnel, with an 18inch length of 1inch pipe jubilee clipped to the end. I cut as much of the funnels 'pointy end' off as possible so as to not restrict the flow. I then hold the funnel upright in one hand, and balance the top of the bottle on it, whilst up-ending it with the other. It sounds awkward, but it's not really, and it takes less than 30 seconds to empty a bottle. Helps if you're fairly tall, and reasonably strong too.

I used to put the bottles on the roof, and syphon, that worked ok too, but was no where near as quick as just up-ending the bottle is. I also tried a drill pump, that was useless.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

I bought a large rectangular funnel at Arco, and drilled a hole in the rim at each side, just below the top.
          2 x Bungee cords with hooks - one shortened one goes up to the roof rails at the front, the other wraps around the tailgate strut (with the tailgate up).
          Short piece of 1" dia hose jubileed onto the end, curved to go into the filler neck, and Bob's your auntie.

Open container, tip quickly over funnel, and bingo, quick pouring with minimal spillage. Only downside is holding a 22kg box up at chest height for a while, although it does get lighter...
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

to the rest of you guys out there thanks for all the helpful comments.

i will try the hole in the cap with hose attached. thanks
            Now surfing in the sun

Comment

If you can't get fuel in it I don't think you should be driving it.

I could have sworn I had already posted this.
              Looks like the phantom quango post deleting mob have been playing god again.
              Brian

Comment

Yeah I saw that too.

Weird things happen at Circle K...
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                X