Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTC oil pourer?

Hi guys.

i wonder if anyone out there knows of a cap or similar with a length of tube attached to fit the threads of the KTC containers of veggie oil.

so far i have been transfering the oil into a watering can and then pouring it into the fuel tank. its slow and a pain in the a**e.

i know that i could probably cut a hole in the cap and glue a short length of tube in place. but before i attempt that i thought i would see what you guys have already done.

by chance is there something available to buy ready made?

thanks
    Now surfing in the sun

What about a funnel from somewhere like halfords? just chuck it in the fuel filler neck an pour away...

Comment

I use a hozelock tap adaptor. Fits perfectly into a KTC lid. Push 4ft of hose onto there and plonk your 20 litre box on the roof on its side and the hose in the filler. Come back five minutes later - job done no mess.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
        What about a funnel from somewhere like halfords? just chuck it in the fuel filler neck an pour away...
        tried that but funnel swivels and oil goes over the place. i need another hand to hold it steady
        Now surfing in the sun

Comment

Are you using the 15l tins or 20l plastic bottles?

When i was using the 15l tins i poured it straight from the tin into a metal 20l jerry can, then from that into the truck. Befor i start pouring from the tin i punch a knife or screwdriver through the top of the tin, directly opposite the cap, doing this allows the whole tin to empty into the jerry can in probably about 20 -30 seconds (although i never timed it). I also pulled the plastic flexi part off of the jerry can spout, took the gauze/filter out, then put the flexi bit back on, doing this also means you can pour it from the jerry can into the truck a lot quicker too.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            I use a hozelock tap adaptor. Fits perfectly into a KTC lid. Push 4ft of hose onto there and plonk your 20 litre box on the roof on its side and the hose in the filler. Come back five minutes later - job done no mess.
            a tap adaptor? isn't the opening too big for that? or do u mean drill hole through lid and glue it
            Now surfing in the sun

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
              Are you using the 15l tins or 20l plastic bottles?

When i was using the 15l tins i poured it straight from the tin into a metal 20l jerry can, then from that into the truck. Befor i start pouring from the tin i punch a knife or screwdriver through the top of the tin, directly opposite the cap, doing this allows the whole tin to empty into the jerry can in probably about 20 -30 seconds (although i never timed it). I also pulled the plastic flexi part off of the jerry can spout, took the gauze/filter out, then put the flexi bit back on, doing this also means you can pour it from the jerry can into the truck a lot quicker too.
              its the 20 lts plastic bottles in a cardboard box. it just seems the opening is obscured by the cardboard and i am spilling the first bit before i can aim it right into the funnel/watering can
              Now surfing in the sun

Comment

Originally posted by pedrot View Post
                its the 20 lts plastic bottles in a cardboard box. it just seems the opening is obscured by the cardboard and i am spilling the first bit before i can aim it right into the funnel/watering can
                dunno, got two of them in the garage, but not used em yet, i only tend to use veg now when i'm doing high(er) mileage, atm i'm using about a tank of fuel (or less) a month and might only take the surf out twice a week, so stopped using veg for a while.

How rigid are the bottles? Is it worth trying taking the next one out of the cardboard if it's that that's causing the problem? Making a hole somewhere in the bottle will still help it to pour smoother, just gotta work out the best place to make it, so oil doesn't start coming out the hole.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Two length of hose and a £6 draper drill pump
                  Brian

Comment

Originally posted by pedrot View Post
                    Take the cardboard off
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                      dunno, got two of them in the garage, but not used em yet, i only tend to use veg now when i'm doing high(er) mileage, atm i'm using about a tank of fuel (or less) a month and might only take the surf out twice a week, so stopped using veg for a while.

How rigid are the bottles? Is it worth trying taking the next one out of the cardboard if it's that that's causing the problem? Making a hole somewhere in the bottle will still help it to pour smoother, just gotta work out the best place to make it, so oil doesn't start coming out the hole.
                      i have only just started using them so i haven't taken one out of the box yet. but sign on box says don't take out of box, so i guess it must be flimsly.

i might try taking one out and cutting hole in side and fitting tap on it. then i can fill this bottle from others and put it on roof with hose going in to tank. turn tap on and go and have a cup of tea. brilliant i will give it a go this weekend.

it will beat emptying all those 1 lt bottles into the can. i paid £18.99 for 20 litres so i don't know if i can get it any cheaper but it seems all the outlets have hiked up the prices just to make more profit.
                      Now surfing in the sun

Comment

paid £17.48 each from bookers for my last two boxes, about 5/6 weeks ago
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

i got mine from Fidlers cash and carry and guy said that the next delivery was going to be over £20 a tub.
                          Now surfing in the sun

Comment

OK, heres the solution. Get yourself a Truma water pump for a caravan from Ebay, £7.49.

Attach a length of hose and extend the wires. I run the wires through a length of hose and siliconed the ends to stop the oil getting to the wire.

Attach an inline switch and connect the wiring to 12 volts. If you have a 12S plug in the back of your truck, then you can pick up from this. Roll the cable and pipe up and store in one of the rear cubby holes. I also put it into a plastic bag to stop the oil getting into the cubby hole.

When you wantto fill up, just take the pump from the cubby hole, drop it into the oil and drop the hose into the fuel filter. Switch on and wait.

Completely mess free and no waste!

Comment

i got a funnel from B&Q got nylon rope tied to it put it in filler cap hole and the rope goes up into rear window then close said window and pour your veg till your hearts content
                              thats the do it on your own way
                              or if you have a willing person to hold funnel get them to hold it steady for you
                              Enjoying Life after Cancer
                              Pops

Comment

Working...
                              X