What Air Filter.....Doh!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Air Filter.....Doh!!!!!

Just got round to giving the Surf a service, not had chance since I got her, so weather looking good time on my hands.............get stuck in before the big weekend meet-up

Come to check the air filter and........................... ...bugger she hasn't got one
    I've been running round minus an air filter for the last 6 weeks.

Not a happy bunny even more so when I forked out the £££'s for a new one.

She's all ready now tho...........word of warning for new Surf owners..........check the car out properly..........all over.

I may have had a luck escape especially as I was messing about on the beach the other week.

Makes you wonder what nasties may have been sucked into the engine. I ran an old volvo (1971 J Reg 145) in the south of france. I was there for 6 months and had to remove the air filter because of a problem. I just put a double layer of the G/F's stockings over the air intake and had no problems, despite the dusy/sandy conditions.

I wonder if fitting the filter has degraded performance?
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      Makes you wonder what nasties may have been sucked into the engine. I ran an old volvo (1971 J Reg 145) in the south of france. I was there for 6 months and had to remove the air filter because of a problem. I just put a double layer of the G/F's stockings over the air intake and had no problems, despite the dusy/sandy conditions.

I wonder if fitting the filter has degraded performance?
      FISHNETS ?????
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        FISHNETS ?????
        nah, she just hadn't washed it!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
        X