well its done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well its done

I should get my 3.0L surf around monday , took a while to take the plunge and i would like to thank everyone who has answered any questions i have posted.
    you may now get sick to death of reading my posts with questions questions questions. My first being the dealer is doing a full service but should i empty the coolant system and put some new anti freeze in and what else service wise should i consider......

I can only hope i enjoy my new toy as much as you guys obviously do...........
    Last edited by firefly; 6 April 2004, 17:48.
    if a politition is talking its lying

iff you do the cooling system make sure you get advice etc as you dont want air trapped in the system. other than that welcome & enjoy,
    ps tell the mrs youre not having an affair as you will be going out all the time in your surf.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
      I should get my 3.0L surf around monday , took a while to take the plunge and i would like to thank everyone who has answered any questions i have posted.
      you may now get sick to death of reading my posts with questions questions questions. My first being the dealer is doing a full service but should i empty the coolant system and put some new anti freeze in and what else service wise should i consider......

I can only hope i enjoy my new toy as much as you guys obviously do...........
      Great news - make sure you post us some pics!!!
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

will do Linda
        just waiting for valet to be done undersealing and odd bits that i pointed out to dealer, woooooooooo hoooooooooo.
        was strange today because i want something first and formost that will pull our caravan, i test drove a 2.2dti sri vectra estate this morning, 130bhp just about the fastest car i have ever driven, and as much as it was 2 1/2 years old and could do 50mpg and 120 mph i couldnt see me touring down the motorway to devon in it, it just didnt do it for me , so i drove to the surf dealers and did the deal, got the cat 1 alarm booked and the towbar too

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
          will do Linda
          just waiting for valet to be done undersealing and odd bits that i pointed out to dealer, woooooooooo hoooooooooo.
          was strange today because i want something first and formost that will pull our caravan, i test drove a 2.2dti sri vectra estate this morning, 130bhp just about the fastest car i have ever driven, and as much as it was 2 1/2 years old and could do 50mpg and 120 mph i couldnt see me touring down the motorway to devon in it, it just didnt do it for me , so i drove to the surf dealers and did the deal, got the cat 1 alarm booked and the towbar too
          Yorkshire to Devon with a 'van - now thats a trip!!! We're doing Hampshire to Yorkshire on Friday and I thought that was a long way!

You wont regret getting the surf!! Only thing it hurts is the jaw muscles - they permanently ache from all the grinning!

If you're around at the weekend why not come down and say hello to us all at Langdale or Robin Hoods Bay? We'll give you a ride and show you what these trucks can really do!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

we can do it in about 6 hours traffic permmiting, but i spose we'll now have more fuel stop's
            would have loved to come to whitby over the weekend but im working, so it will have to be next time, have fun but im sure you dont need any encouragement lol

Comment

when are you going to devon mate as theres a convoy going to hayle near penzance in august.
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                when are you going to devon mate as theres a convoy going to hayle near penzance in august.
                that's cornwall. (just being picky!!)
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                  that's cornwall. (just being picky!!)
                  off the A30 picky picky
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Where is the convoy coming from, who's in it and when in August? Spent lot's of time in that area for work, and wouldn't mind getting down there again,

Cheers, Nick
                    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

7th August 2004 21st August 2004 hayle towans near st ives.
                      watch out for us
                      Last edited by marky; 7 April 2004, 19:33.
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

7th August 2004 21st August 2004 hayle towans near st ives
                        You'll have to post again nearer the time to remind me, and I think I'll get down there for a long weekend. The weekends are always long after a few scoops of the local ale

Cheers, Nick
                        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

will do nick, the WEST COUNTRY chapter will be on call as well.
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

will do nick, the WEST COUNTRY chapter will be on call as well.
                            i'll probably be around there in august... got gf in trewellard (st just, penzance) and a place in perranpoth (nr newquay)
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Marky it will be the 18th August when we go down.....
                              and just to let you know that you have made my day as the caravan you have on your rig is just about the same size as ours and it does look a good match, is yours the 2.4 or the 3.0L, cos if its a 2.4 and you have no probs towing then i know without a shadow of a doubt the 3.0L will cope, P.S gettingan additional cooler fitted just incase....

Comment

Working...
                              X