The Bundubasher...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bundubasher...

I am flying out to Zim to pick up my vehicle in August, it has been parked up in Harare for the past 12 months and apart from flat batteries, I don't expect much to be wrong with it.

However, once I've rescued my vehicle from the clutches of mugabe's cronies, I'll need to replace all oil and filters. They may not be available in Zimbabwe and so I'll try and pick them up either here or in SA, so I'm looking for a decent priced supplier of filters for the 3.0TD.

Anyone got any thoughts on suppliers and on what bits may have perished?
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

milners aren't rated for much, but i don't think you could go too far wrong with their filter kits if they're still £10 for all three filters. You could have two kits for less than the price of one elsewhere.

A rad cap and thermostat might be worthwhile, if only because they're the standard responses to most posts on here

Tyres may have begun to perish also if it's been stood still for 12 months, but that's just a possibility rather than a given
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Should you need urgent storage, I have place(s) in Lusaka and/or Livingstone.
      If it ain't fun it ain't worth doing!

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
        "milners aren't rated for much"
        Why/for what reasons?

Cheers, Nick
        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
          Why/for what reasons?

Cheers, Nick
          the radiators from milners have been known to be crap quality and the wheel bearings also have been known to break up within a couple of months.These are just 2 items that have been mentioned on here to be avoided
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
            Why/for what reasons?
            There is no major difference between them and any other supplier. They occasionally have the odd shonky item, but so does any other supplier. Some on here would have you believe they are far worse, however. Btw Ian, that ain't a dig at your comment above.

Comment

I was gonna get my wheel bearings from Milners. I would have thought they'd be EXACTLY the same as the Roughtrax item. They wont be a Toyota item I wouldn't have thought. More likely a local bearing shop will have the same thing.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

just got my filter kit from milner well will have when val brings it home
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by BushBuster View Post
                  Should you need urgent storage, I have place(s) in Lusaka and/or Livingstone.
                  Pray tell more...we are often in Zambia and are always looking for contacts/mechanics/accomodation/storage.
                  @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Joker - pls report on the quality of the filters when you get them. Is yours the 3.0TD?
                    @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Ive always used the milners filters on my trucks and have never had a problem with them.

Comment

Hi Storm

I'll be in Cornwall this w/e - just a quicky to pick up my Dad. So if you see a green Jeep Cherokee (hangs his head in shame) with a Kernow sticker bombing around Falmouth/Helston - I'll be the one chewing on a pasty!
                        @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Sorry, I never said everything from milner's is crap, and you can't deny them on price. Customer service i've heard stories both ways likewise with roughtrax, myself, i've never had problems with either, but when i've had to ask questions i've found roughtrax more pleasant and seemingly more knowledgable, or maybe they just have a better telephone manner?

But, having read this forum and others for two years, i've heard more about poor quality parts from milners than i have from anywhere else, which just makes me a bit selective about what i would get from milners and what i would pay more from another supplier for, i've used, and will again, milners filters & brake pads and a few other bits, but things like wheel bearings, radiators, studs and so on i'd go to other suppliers for, aswell as probably most items that cost more than say £30 or £40 i'd pay a little more from another supplier, even though in some instances you'd be getting exactly the same item (and in these cases i don't think you'll be paying much more than a quid or two extra from a supplier with better reputation anyway), but in other cases (probably most where there's a significant price difference) i'd be fairly confident i was getting a better quality item for the extra few quid i'd paid.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher View Post
                            Hi Storm

I'll be in Cornwall this w/e - just a quicky to pick up my Dad. So if you see a green Jeep Cherokee (hangs his head in shame) with a Kernow sticker bombing around Falmouth/Helston - I'll be the one chewing on a pasty!
                            If your around Camborne way then you welcome to call in.Myself and Sledge will be dropping the gearbox and replacing the rear crankshaft seal on my other truck

Comment

cool sounds like a party lmao

Comment

Working...
                              X